Administrative Coordinator, US Medical
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As an Administrative Coordinator, US Medical, in Wilmington, DE, you’ll play a pivotal role by being part of a medical team dedicated to scientific excellence and to ensuring our new AZ medicines can reach the right patients as quickly as possible and make a positive impact on changing their lives. As Administrative Coordinator, you will support the Vice President, US Medical. The accountability for the role will functional/departmental activities, booking and arranging meetings, maintain documentation, purchasing support, following up budgets and reporting, managing expenses and travel. There may also be opportunities for special projects to be determined by the VP.
- Proficiency with Outlook to manage busy calendars, urgent emails, schedule meetings, conference calls, and special events/conferences including exercising discretion as to priority and decision-making responsibility.
- Responds on behalf of the senior leaders to different stakeholders maintaining high professional standards whilst meeting conflicting needs
- Monthly KPI reports as well as other ongoing/recurring report requirements
- Arrange multi-location travel arrangements and expense reports with accuracy and efficiency, including follow-through to ensure that appropriate and timely action is taken. Produce accurate, properly formatted documents, PowerPoint projects, and Excel reports under normally tight time constraints.
- Prepare meeting agendas, presentation and read-ahead materials and minutes. Prepare and edit correspondence and general communications.
- Work with internal and external customers to help schedule meetings and help facilitate logistics.
- Assist with administrative and logistical aspects related to recruitment of new employees (schedules interviews, coordinates on-boarding of new staff)
- Maintains awareness of new systems with potential impact on administrative work and develops personal expertise in new systems.
- Effectively manage special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Work with leaders to help prioritize work and realize efficiencies within the team.
- High School diploma
- 5+ years of administrative support experience.
- Must have strong writing and communication skills and the ability to interact confidently with executives/ employees.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work in a global environment.
- Able to prioritize time sensitive assignments.
- Should be able to work proactively, autonomously, and at the same time, collaborate effectively with other members of the administrative support team.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Flexible to adapt to ever changing needs and deadlines.
- Must be able to effectively multitask in a fast-paced environment while maintaining confidentiality and discretion.
- Must be able to demonstrate tact, persuasion and/or negotiation and maintain confidentiality.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.