QC Laboratory Technician- Operations
At AstraZeneca, we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe.
Our West Chester Supply Site is a very dynamic and growing manufacturing site within the AstraZeneca Global Operations network and is located just north of Cincinnati, Ohio. In addition to serving as the global COVID vaccine production site for AstraZeneca, the West Chester site encompasses Bulk API Microsphere manufacturing, Aseptic Pharmaceutical Formulation, multi-line Isolator/Barrier Vial and Syringe Filling, and specialty Packaging Operations for Vials and Auto-Injectors that supports growing franchises in Diabetes, Respiratory, and Vaccines. Our site is one of 30 production facilities in 18 countries with over 700 people collaborating to connect powerful medications to patients in more than 60 countries around the world. We focus on providing a collaborative environment where everyone feels comfortable and able to be themselves. Being able to bring your full self to work every day is at the core of AstraZeneca’s priorities. On-site amenities include a Health and Wellness clinic, as well as a Cafeteria Grille serving breakfast and lunch items for employees and guests. We also have a Great Place to Work Counsel, involving committees of employees who coordinate several activities related to community outreach, sustainability, health and wellness and social events
What you'll do:
This position is responsible for assisting Quality Control (QC) GMP activities that directly support manufacturing and QC lab processes. Duties to include sampling of incoming materials, visual inspections of incoming materials, raw material or finished product samples, execution of physical test methods, QC sample receipt, glassware washing, QC work area cleaning, consumable ordering, solution preparation. May also depending on business need perform basic microbiological testing. Assist with contract laboratory sample shipments. Performs some system support work, such as ordering, archiving and records retention. This position is Night shift- Thursday to Saturday and every other Wednesday
- Perform routine sampling activities and associated data entry.
- Performs physical test methods on QC samples such as pH, Osmolality, Appearance/Color/Clarity. May perform other non-chromatographic tests such as Loss On Drying and Water Content Determination (KF/coulometric).
- Verify count, measure and check materials to ensure proper components, quantities, and/or characteristics.
- Use CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) to manage logistics. Use SAP to track inventory and materials.
- Ensure that incoming materials are inspected and released.
- Wear gowning, sterile garments, and PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as required by specific
- Interpret quality standards to ensure all tested materials follow requirements.
- Collects, washes, checks, and returns laboratory glassware.
- Maintains stock and orders consumables.
- Prepares laboratory solutions.
- Performs QC archiving, logbook management, and records retention.
Essential for the role:
- High School Diploma with 2 years GMP experience
- Familiarity with cGMP documentation practices.
- Experience and proven competency in technical and interpersonal skills required for the listed responsibilities.
- Attention to detail is required. Individual must be capable of keeping accurate records and performing mathematical calculations.
Desirable for the role:
Associate Degree in Life Sciences with 2 years QC/QA experience
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial -finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey!
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
Find out more on Social Media:
About Operations https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gak5Ham8oUw
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.