QC Chemist (Night Shift) - Operations
Do you have expertise in, and passion for, Quality Control? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the Quality organization in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases. But we’re more than one of the global leading pharmaceutical companies.
Welcome to West Chester, Ohio, one of over 400 sites here at AstraZeneca, providing a collaborative environment where everyone feels comfortable and able to be themselves. This is at the core of AstraZeneca’s priorities because it’s important to us that you bring your full self to work every day. Onsite amenities include a Health and Wellness clinic, as well as a Cafeteria Grille serving breakfast and lunch items for employees and guests. We also have a Great Place to Work Counsel, involving committees of employees who coordinate several activities related to Community Outreach, Sustainability, Health and Wellness and Social Events.
What you’ll do
- Performs testing on a range of samples including finished products, raw materials, stability, in-process and water samples.
- Maintains and troubleshoots testing equipment.
- Supports laboratory investigations, QC method and SOP updates.
- Execute laboratory test protocols to support development and validation activities.
- Responsible for QC Data review.
- Provides and follows up on ideas for continuous improvements in laboratory processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biology or related field
- Working knowledge of cGXP requirements and a strong familiarity with production operations.
- 2+ years QC chemistry laboratory experience in the Pharmaceutical industry
- Working knowledge of laboratory equipment (including HPLC), operations, and safety.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in math, laboratory and computer skills. Understand basic statistics and quality control terminology.
At AstraZeneca, we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.