At AstraZeneca, we are in the business of making a meaningful difference to patient health, of helping to ensure that those who can benefit from our medicines are provided access to them, building deep and lasting connections with our many stakeholders, and honoring the countless ways we are connected and united through health.
We are an equal opportunity employer that puts patients first and strives to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working at AstraZeneca means being entrepreneurial, a team leader, thinking big, and working together to make the impossible a reality.
At our West Chester Supply Site, we are looking for a Finance Director who will contribute to setting the strategic direction for the site through the establishment of business performance metrics, business priorities, and operational performance management.
Our West Chester Supply Site is a very dynamic and growing manufacturing site within the AstraZeneca Global Operations network and is located just north of Cincinnati, Ohio. The West Chester site encompasses Bulk API Microsphere manufacturing, Aseptic Pharmaceutical Formulation, multi-line Isolator/Barrier Vial and Syringe Filling, and specialty Packaging Operations for Vials and Auto-Injectors that supports growing franchises in Diabetes, Respiratory, and Vaccines. We have over 700 people at our site collaborating to connect powerful medications to patients in more than 60 countries around the world.
We focus on providing a collaborative environment where everyone feels comfortable and able to be themselves. Being able to bring your full self to work every day is at the core of AstraZeneca’s priorities. On-site amenities include a Health and Wellness clinic, as well as a Cafeteria Grille serving breakfast and lunch items for employees and guests. We also have a Great Place to Work Counsel, involving committees of employees who coordinate several activities related to community outreach, sustainability, health and wellness and social events.
- Lead Finance activities at the site including business partnering support and assure compliance with applicable regulations, policies, and standards. Responsible for finance deliverables such as, month end close, payroll and planning/budget activities for the site.
- Plan, direct and coordinate all site financial analysis and reporting services in order to provide management with accurate and timely data for the interpretation and evaluation of operations.
- All accounting functions for the WCH site in accordance with Company policies and procedures in order to provide site and business management with accurate and complete data for cost management and evaluation of inventory and operations.
- Develop and maintain financial control procedures, safeguard assets, cost planning, and interpret financial reports for all plant operations.
- In conjunction with the Site Executive Director and department heads, develop, review and manage preparation of annual Business Plan and quarterly Rolling Business Update's in order to provide Management costs of achieving the operation's production objectives and a basis for measuring the plant's efficiency.
- Provide appropriate scrutiny and challenge to forecasts and actual results
- Provide input and decision-making participation on a broad range of site issues to WCH Leadership Team and others as necessary to ensure support and promotion of site objectives and activities, and ensure appropriate financial conclusions are reached on business initiatives.
- Deliver robust financial analysis of risks & benefits for all major business initiatives to support the decision-making process. Prioritize work and ensure appropriate resources are made available to support key business initiatives.
- Provide financial support to site management and corporate finance related to capital and fixed assets.
- Provide financial expertise on capital vs. expense and asset impairment issues.
- Provide leadership to the West Chester finance team.
- Liaise with Global Finance as necessary to ensure appropriate consistency of policies, procedures, and financial budgeting and reporting.
- Collaborate with shared service partners in internal Global Financial Services and GenPact on transactional and routine activities
- Work with Sr. Director Regional Operations Finance to assure compliance with regional/global procedures, planning process, information and best practice sharing, decision making and reporting of site performance.
- Ensure adherence to all Financial Control Framework and SOX controls
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 10+ years of experience in finance and/or accounting.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to develop and analyse complex issues and present summaries and recommendations
- Strong leadership capabilities and experience influencing and challenging business leaders to drive results
- Demonstrated ability to lead and participate in teams.
- Experienced in partnering with other functions to achieve success.
- Excellent interpersonal, decision making, organizational & management skills
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work in a dynamic work environment.
- Strong knowledge of information systems is required in order to develop, implement and maintain new systems and incorporate production-processing changes into existing systems.
- Strong knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturing and cost accounting.
- Prior exposure to general operations, MRP, inventory planning and control, and accounting services is strongly preferred.
- Accounting or Finance degree preferred.
- CPA, CMA or MBA degree preferred.
Conduct activities and interactions consistent with Company values and in compliance with the Code of Conduct and supporting Policies and Standards relevant to your role. Complete all required training on the AZ Code of Conduct and supporting Policies and Standards on time. Report potential issues of non-compliance.
For Managers and Project Team Leaders:
Ensure and monitor compliance by team members and third parties by (a) positively reinforcing the Code of Conduct and all relevant AstraZeneca Policies and Standards, (b) ensuring completion of all required training, (c) fostering a culture of openness in which employees are comfortable raising questions or concerns, and (d) immediately addressing and reporting, as appropriate, instances of non-compliance.
Accountabilities at AstraZeneca include:
Ethical Conduct and Compliance, Team Management, Performance Management, Individual Development Planning, Talent Management, Recruitment, People information, SHE accountabilities, and Fiscal and Financial awareness. Leaders with accountability for GXP areas are expected to understand the legal and regulatory requirements of their roles in providing appropriate resources (which could be human, financial, material, facilities, and equipment) to maintain the Quality System and continually improve its effectiveness.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.