Tax Delivery Team – Analyst Role
Finance continues to drive AstraZeneca’s Bold Ambition and driving the delivery of the company’s strategic priorities. Providing valuable data, analytics and insights will not only support growth but enable the science to make effective decisions and identify market opportunities. Our mission is ambitious and it takes the skills of a collaborative team to really deliver on what science can do and to always put patients first.
The creation of the Global Finance Services (GFS) centres in Warsaw (Poland), Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) and San Jose (Costa Rica) will transform the AZ middle office to a central function, supporting the business regions through simplification, standardisation across the globe, and a structure that will enable the bold ambition of becoming a $50bn company by 2025.
We now have a number of opportunities based in the GFS Centres for Business Analysts to support our new GFS Tax Delivery Team.
Business Analyst – Tax Delivery Team will be part of a global team of analysts with a regional focus. This is a new team which is dedicated to supporting the global Direct and Indirect Tax Compliance processes.
Working closely with Group Tax colleagues, you will deliver all aspects of accounting information necessary for direct and indirect taxes, group reporting and withholding tax obligations. You will rapidly gain tax compliance and operations experience across a range of taxes and jurisdictions. The role requires an enthusiastic individual with a strong accounting capability, a commercial mindset and interest in learning about AZ’s business.
The GFS Tax Delivery Team will interface with the Group Tax team, GFS colleagues, CFOs/Finance Business Partners and 3rd Party outsource providers.
- Plan, prepare, submit underlying accounting information used to prepare AZ’s tax returns for multiple markets
- Analyse transactional data using AZ’s data analytics capability, categorisation of P&L transactions, identify items with tax sensitivity
- Request supporting information for tax technical analysis
- Support Group Tax with information for ad hoc requests, including significant tax transactions or tax audits
- Oversee transactional data collection, accountable for coordination, review to ensure that the outputs meet tax requirements
- Assist with the preparation of the quarterly, year-end tax provision for Group statutory reporting purposes, ensure controls framework is fully complied with
- To assist in the preparation of AZ’s direct and indirect tax returns
- Manage tax processes, escalate & resolve issues,
- Engage with Finance Functions and IT, targeting data and process improvements
- Deliver process excellence, governance and controls
- Support Global Tax and Finance Transformation initiatives
- Work collaboratively with the outsource provider and other Finance stakeholders to support delivery of local tax requirements.
A passion for customers, self-motivation and a commitment to team work are key. The role is an excellent development opportunity, as it is a new team working with bespoke tax processes and supported by dedicated technology. You will be supported and encouraged to develop and expand your skills and capabilities. Experience of tax is needed.
- 3 years of finance experience including direct taxes area
- Strong accounting skills
- Strong data and analytical skills, and ability to use accounting systems effectively
- Experience of working with SAP
- Organisational and process management capability, process improvement mindset
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and manage multiple tax compliance events
- Experience of working in an international organisation, including building relationships remotely and cross-culturally
- Ability to work well in and across diverse global teams
- English Language proficiency, both verbal and written, with the confidence to express clear opinions and ability to explain financial issues to colleagues with a non-financial background.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.