Senior Legal Counsel
Job Description / Capsule
Head lawyer for Marketing Company in Poland. Typical role title is Senior Counsel. Works independently, ensuring all legal requirements are identified in the assigned business area, area of legal practice or geography, and managing legal risks of high impact to the business in various legal practice areas (Pharma, labour law, civil law).
- Advising our management team on legal and strategic matters, including gathering and coordinating advice in the fields of regulatory compliance, commercial, corporate and competition law, intellectual property and litigation.
- Manages the delivery of legal advice and services to Commercial team in Poland
- Communicating effectively on legal and policy issues.
- Closely aligns with senior AZ client leaders, typically at Senior Executive Team (SET) level
- Represents the legal issues associated with the assigned areas at the highest levels in AZ
- Handling pre-litigation and legal disputes and enquiries.
- Identifies and manages present and potential legal risks in the assigned areas including legal risks associated with the implementation of strategic initiatives
- Aggressively manages internal and external resources to meet budget requirements
- Focuses on delivering the appropriate level of service, from internal and external resources, at the lowest possible cost.
- Personally handles complex legal matters and innovative business arrangements
- Ensures collaboration with other Legal support areas to ensure a seamless service to clients
- Handles special projects assigned by the General Counsel
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Law degree
- Professional legal qualification
- Substantial legal practice experience with a broad knowledge of a variety of legal arrangements
- Working knowledge of laws relating to assigned areas
- Experience of working in a global legal environment
- Strong AZ Leadership Capabilities
- Experience directing the legal work of lawyers and other staff
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Pharmaceutical or other regulated industry experience highly desirable
- Skill in analyzing and solving issues related to a wide variety of substantive legal areas
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.