Senior Clinical Data Scientist
Senior Clinical Data Scientist is responsible for developing CM functionalities. May coordinate work of other personnel developing standard and/or study-specific functionalities. Acts as subject matter expert for selected CM functionalities.
Works closely with RbQM leads and other Data Scientists.
- Will work independently and take responsibility for specific CM deliveries
- Demonstrates good R programming skills
- Can participate in development of new standard CM functionalities. Tasks can involve gathering of requirements, programming, testing and documentation.
- Can design, develop and lead development of study specific CM analyses. Tasks can involve gathering of requirements, programming, testing, documentation, coordination of work of other involved personnel.
- Can design, develop and lead development of data mapping to CM functionalities. Tasks can involve gathering of requirements, programming, testing, documentation and coordination of work of other involved personnel.
- Can be responsible for maintenance of data mapping and study specific CM analyses to ensure they continue to work in line with requirements; acts as a subject matter expect
- Identifies opportunities to improve deliveries and best practice
- Provides practical solutions for problems
- Leads delivery of specific tasks with other CM staff
- Can contribute to function by training and mentoring of more junior staff
- Can lead activities related to development of CM functionalities for a study or project
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Educational degree (BSc/Msc/PhD) in Life Science, Computer Science or Information Science and 2 years of experience in the application of information and knowledge management in a clinical or scientific setting, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Has good knowledge of R programming language
- Good communication skills in both written and spoken English
- Team player
- Has basic knowledge of SQL
- Previous knowledge of at least one BI platform is an advantage
- Previous experience in life science and clinical studies is an advantage
Key stakeholders and relationships
Internal (to AZ or team)
- Centralized Monitoring
- Study Teams
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.