Senior Business Analyst - FP&A Manufacturing
Senior Business Analyst - FP&A Manufacturing
Hybrid model: 3 days per week from office
Join a global leader and make a more meaningful impact to patients’ lives
AstraZeneca Poland is a key global site that is dynamically growing in all departments – from commercial, R&D, IT, Global Trial Safety Review, Global Procurement Services, HR and Global Finance Services. Warsaw is one of the key Global Clinical Trial Centres in the world and plays a key role in AstraZeneca’s success. The work that we do here is valued and makes a direct impact to the enterprise, and to society. Here you are part of a multi-national team with a strong reputation worldwide for excellence and innovation.
Manufacturing & Inventory Accounting Team supports Management Reporting & Planning of Manufacturing P&L with all its components: Operating Performance income, Cost of Production and Manpower & OPEX, Financial Adjustments – Manufacturing Variances and Inventory Accounting. The area of team experience covers small modules manufacturing sites across EMEA Region, large modules biomanufacturing sites (in Europe and beyond) as well as other entities embedded in Global Supply Chain such as Global External Sourcing, Toll and EMEA Distribution Centers. Department is still growing and taking part of Global projects. Our team members have wide experience in analysis and chance to grow in the future.
- Perform month-end close activities: reviewing and analyzing of manufacturing variances, preparing journal entries to post accruals and provisions, raising netting invoices for quarterly and monthly recharges.
- Forecasting activities: Opex planning, supporting Inventory Write-offs and Provision planning, calculating Inventory Revaluation.
- Provide insight to financial performance through accurate, timely and relevant Management Reporting (presentation and financial analysis used during Senior Leadership Team reviews).
- Work closely with business stakeholders (such as manufacturing site Asset Planners, Supply Chain Finance Busines Partners, Customer Lead and Product Costing Center of Excellence team) providing analytical and strategic support during planning cycles.
- Drive simplification of finance processes and foster a culture of best practice sharing in the area of expertise.
- Perform ad hoc analysis and reporting related to business unit management and governance meetings as appropriate.
- MEC P&L review and commentaries preparation with Customer Lead
- Management Information Pack preparation
- Ops PnL, VOP & Volume reporting and commentaries on variances – MEC/Forecasting
- Act as Subject Matter Expert in respective area of responsibilities
- Ensure SOX and FCF (Financial Controls Framework) effectiveness.
- All relevant Operations & Inventory financial controls are performed to a high standard & documented.
- Continuous improvement of audit processes and reporting.
- Develop and maintain system checks as to ensure quality of reporting data.
- Develop and maintain reporting checks as to ensure data quality in our P&L and balance sheet.
- Proactive & take the initiative
- Attention to detail
- Challenge status quo
- See the bigger picture beyond just your role
- Build strong, trusting relationships
- Team player
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
Essential for the role
- Experience of using multiple finance systems (incl. SAP) & working with interfaces between systems
- Experience of working with colleagues inside & outside of finance
- Exceptional communication & interpersonal skills, including oral & written English
- Experience of accounting &/or controlling activities including: month-end close, reconciliations & variance analysis, financial controls, strong Excel skills
Experience of working in a global organisation
Join a vibrant and dynamic team with the passion and drive to push the boundaries of science. At AstraZeneca Poland we have a truly collaborative culture and way of working – supportive, open minded and eager to share knowledge. Ours is a ‘speak up’ culture – where your voice is heard and there is little time for hierarchy. A place of ownership, where we are empowered to lead at every level. Here you’ll be empowered and supported to develop further – given the freedom and autonomy to run with it and deliver.
Interested? Come and join our journey.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.