R2R Systems Accountant
We are looking for a person with excellent communication skills, motivation and commitment to support our key business systems. The successful candidate will be responsible for being the connection point between the AZ GFS (Global Finance Services) R2R operational teams and IT / Projects. This includes facilitation of issue resolution as well as both business and technical change. Success will be measured on the delivery of efficient operations of SAP Instances and surrounding systems, and driving improvements that provide value to the business.
Finance is now preparing to enter a period of change as we start our Finance Transformation programme. This programme will build on our simplification foundations and move us to the next level of efficiency. The aim of the programme is to create a modern, flexible and integrated financial platform, bringing together and simplifying our processes, policies, data, systems and organization. As R2R Systems Accountant, you will be involved in managing this change as it transfers through the business. You will be involved in the new technology, the new processes and defining the new ways of working. You will have the opportunity to help us define the key services provided by the team in order to successfully manage the new finance landscape.
Experience of working with financial systems/processes would be an advantage. Familiarity of change management, service management and knowledge of IT systems support would also be an advantage. This is an ideal role to gain a good understanding of how financial systems support key business processes, whilst also helping support the key finance initiatives and systems strategy as we move forward.
Some key accountabilities:
- Provide support for GFS SAP users across R2R community with complex requirements and issues.
- Provide clear communications to business users on issues impacting service availability Provide expert advice and assistance to users of our systems portfolio
- Provide guidance and support to projects which require or supply data to group systems.
- Solve complex problems within the group systems portfolio through data analysis.
- Ensure data quality is reviewed and improved i.e. dealing with data queries in respect of global transactional data.
- Manage and enable change within group systems to agreed quality standards.
- Investigate opportunities to standardize and simplify and ensure new processes are adhered to on an ongoing basis.
- Minimum 3 years R2R experience, within which at least 2 years experience as Key user or Super user in R2R
- OR Minimum 1 year SAP FICO experience as Junior SAP consultant or SAP business analyst (support or projects)
- Experience in updating SAP Z-tables on different SAP systems
- Experience in other accounting solutions as business analyst or support (e.g. Blackline, Trintech or other)
- Customer focused
- Deep understanding of accounting processes
- Knowledge of IT support processes
- Broad system exposure used in R2R
- Exposure to SAP implementation, migration, transformation or similar
- Exposure to data management
Skills and Capabilities
- Clear oral and written communication skills
- Good problem-solving capability
- Attention to detail and data accuracy
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast changing, results driven environment
- Ability to work with remote colleagues
Other role requirements
- Flexibility to work on holidays when necessary (3-5 days annually)
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.