AstraZeneca is a major international healthcare business engaged in the research, development, manufacture and marketing of prescription pharmaceuticals and the supply of healthcare services. AstraZeneca is proud to offer a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Co-workers are empowered to express diverse perspectives and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
The Publication Coordinator works closely with AstraZeneca scientists to ensure that their publications are reviewed by the appropriate business approvers in a timely manner prior to public disclosure and that the relevant information is captured accurately in our publications database.
This is operational role that requires a high level of attention to detail to ensure compliance with our Standard Operating Procedures as well as data quality for business reporting. This role would suit a process driven person who enjoys system based work with a customer service element.
The team is located across Cambridge, Gothenburg and Warsaw and we are now looking for a new Publication Coordinator to join the team.
- Processing documents for internal and external approval via the AstraZeneca Publication Sign-Off (PSO) process within the required timelines.
- Serve as the first-line contact for queries regarding the PSO process and publication management system.
- Create and maintain accurate records in the publication database in a timely manner.
- Triage a centralized publication mailbox to assign incoming requests to team members.
- Promote compliance with established AZ publication policy, standards and processes.
- Contribute to ongoing improvements for the PSO process and systems.
- Support the generation of standard and customized publication-related reports from the database as required.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills in English.
- Strong customer focus with a proactive approach.
- High degree of skill in analyzing and processing information, time management, organization, data entry, and maintaining confidentiality
- High attention to detail
- Process driven
- Ability to work collaboratively, to manage/prioritize multiple projects from conception to completion, working in a fast-paced environment. Demonstrate flexibility/willingness to adapt to changing deadlines and priorities.
- Experience working with database systems and with cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Experience working autonomously in a demanding office environment.
- Experience working in the Pharmaceutical industry and drug development cycle.
- Familiarity with the scientific publication process, principles and tracking an advantage.