Portfolio Data Analyst
Precision Medicine is an integral part of our approach to discovering and developing new medicines; we are developing biomarkers and diagnostics in 90% of our clinical development pipeline.
The Diagnostic Project Management group within Precision Medicine, Project, Portfolio & Operations is accountable for providing project and portfoliomanagement to the AZ Precision Medicine portfolioto ensure successful delivery of diagnostic projects from initiation of development to regulatory approval, across all therapy areas, and to further optimise the delivery of precision medicines by defining and championing best practices. Furthermore, this group is responsiblefor driving continuous improvement processes, for providing accurate Precision Medicine portfolio information for decision making and business reporting, and for capacity and resource management.
The Portfolio Analyst will work alongside the Portfolio Manager and the diagnostic project teams to ensure effective management, tracking and reporting of Precision Medicine portfolio and resource data to inform decision making, support investment decisions, enable prioritisation and to showcase Precision Medicine value. Contributes to the development and maintenance of analysis.
- Work alongside the Portfolio Manager to understand the functional and business requirements for Precision Medicine data/ information
- Gather and integrate data from multiple sources, at both on R&D enterprise and Precision Medicine functional level
- Interpret and analyse the results (using complex statistical methods) against various parameters, identifying trends/ exceptions, to ensure the quality/ robustness of the data for business reporting
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of a central Precision Medicine reporting dashboard which will feed business communications/ metrics, capacity management, prioritisation processes and investment cases
- Provide simple to interpret ad-hoc business reports such as portfolio tracking tool and scorecard metrics
- Work with Portfolio Manager and Information Managers to ensure Precision Medicine data is recorded and managed in a format that enables detailed analysis and reporting
- Use technical expertise to drive automatization, simplification and standardisation for information management and reporting across Precision Medicine
Minimum Requirements –Education and Experience
- BA/BSc in relevant subject (or equivalent experience)
Minimum Experience Required
- Ability to integrate, analyse and interpret large data sets
- Attention to detail - can spot trends and clean data by identifying exceptions
- Experienced in creating simple to interpret business reports from large data sets
- Technically strong with advanced knowledge and experience of working with Excel & PowerBi specifically for data analysis
- Experience of global team-working and communicating with key stakeholders
- A professional, enthusiastic and proactive approach, with the ability to independently manage a diverse and demanding workload
- Champion of efficient and effective systems and processes
- Proven experience of using Smartsheet
- Basic understanding or experience of using PLANIT, Planisware
Next step - apply today!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.