At AstraZeneca, we are united by a common purpose: to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines. Every single day, we make a difference by delivering potentially life-changing medicines to millions of people globally and by leading breakthrough science that promises to transform the treatment of disease.
Our purpose is ambitious and so is our approach. Becoming a more agile and creative company means building a dynamic, inspiring culture where we celebrate diverse, bold thinking and act with a sense of urgency. We are curious, creative, and open to new ideas and ways of working.
Working as a key member of our Poland Operations & Solutions Team, and reporting to the HR Operations Lead, you will help support our objective of providing efficient process execution, effective issue resolution and accurate HR payroll data, whilst delivering exceptional customer service. You will be a payroll subject matter expert across HR and ensure operational excellence in payroll and related processes for our 1800 Poland employees.
Role scope and expected deliverables:
- Monthly activities related to the preparation of payroll data in collaboration with the broader HR Operations and Payroll Team
- Close collaboration with external payroll provider including daily communication, BAU case/issue resolution
- building strong relationships with the payroll supplier to enhance the service, simplify ways of working and bring innovations
- Passion to deliver a customer experience, answer to employees payroll related queries and also bring proactive communication
- Apply appropriate regulations as required to guarantee compliance
- Perform appropriate audit controls to ensure payroll is processed accurately
- Complete payroll reconciliation and processing of various periodic reports
- Respond to payroll query escalations
- Research and resolve employee pay and time issues
- Act as subject matter expert for AZ payroll and applicable terms & conditions
- Work with other in-country HR teams to manage complex employee transactions
- Use the HR knowledge base and internal work instructions to ensure processes are executed correctly, and customer guidance is provided in an effective and consistent manner
- Support wider HR Operations & Solutions team with ad hoc projects & critical HR initiatives, as required
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience supporting HR processes and transactions, ideally in Workday
- Knowledge and experience of Poland payroll legislation.
- Understanding of payroll management and integrations gained through direct experience working in a Payroll/HR Data team would be preferred
- Keen attention to detail and focus on data accuracy
- Understanding of common HR service enabling technologies – e.g. case management, telephony and online user portals
- Able to communicate very good in English
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing tasks efficiently and prioritize workload
- Enjoys working as part of a lively and hard-working team, performing together under pressure to meet monthly payroll deadlines
- Experience in Microsoft applications
- Highly developed communications, organization and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with confidential data
- Ability to think analytically and effectively problem solve using creative solutions
- Services minded with a “can do attitude” – dedicated to providing good service with a customer focus
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.