Develops strategy and objectives in line with the overall business plan and supports their tactical implementation. Leads a functional team or partner teams to ensure performance objectives are achieved in line with the agreed business strategy and business objectives. May be regional or functional specific and typically heads a team of professional and support staff.
To contribute to AZ’s long-term business success through the development and implementation of marketing strategies that lead to a sustainable, profitable and competitive positioning of the therapeutic areas/brands in his/her area of responsibility in the market, and the direction of the team he/she is responsible for.
- Marketing strategy for therapeutic areas and business results
- Planning and financial management
- Cross functions integration
- Customer/Opinion Leader & Corporate Relations
- Leadership and management
- Compliance with AZ principles and procedures
- Personal development
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Master degree required e.g. in Marketing, Management, Medical or relevant
- At least 10 years’ experience in a pharmaceutical company, preferably in sales or marketing area
- At least 3 or more years as Marketing manager
Experience in Launching new products
- Customer-oriented personality with strong planning and organizational skills
- Strategic thinker with ability to set product vision
- Experience managing complex projects
- Understanding of the development and commercialization of pharmaceutical products
- Understanding of Healthcare environment
- Experience in Insight/Market Research
- Demonstrated experience in working within cross-functional business units
- Strong understanding of local healthcare system pricing and reimbursement
- Sales and/or Sales Leadership experience
- Experience in Biologics area
- Influencing & People leadership
- Successful delivery of strategic and operational plans within a therapeutic or business area
External Key Relationships
- Healthcare Professionals & Key External Experts (KEEs)
- Creative agencies
- 3rd Party Suppliers
Key personal capabilities and attitude
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Good Planning and Organisational Skills
- Good Scientific knowledge
- Ability to develop Strategic Plans
- Business Acumen & Data accuracy
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.