IT Business Analyst
AstraZeneca is a global, creative, biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the most serious diseases. At AstraZeneca, we are proud to have an outstanding workplace culture that encourages innovation and teamwork. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
As IT Business Analyst you will perform business analysis, design either alone delivering small scale business change activities or as a contributor to a large scale or global business change. You will operate with interactive communication, demonstrating inclusion and cultural sensitivity.
The role will partner with the Business Relationship Manager or Business Analyst colleagues to support the development of business cases, assist in business process design and ensure that proposed solutions meet established AstraZeneca quality and compliance standards and business solution needs.
- Business Needs Identification - Operates at a functional level in assessing and defining business need and areas for improvement. Dedicatedly seeks out opportunities to enhance and improve in line with strategic goals, proposing potential solutions through research.
- Business Analysis Planning - Selects the appropriate analysis approach to a piece of work depending on its complexity, level of risk, known assumptions, constraints and dependencies. Proficient in scoping and recommending appropriate approaches. Capable of planning and managing their own activities to meet work you're doing and deadlines.
- Partner Analysis & Change - Effectively identifies partners and builds and manages relationships according to individual partner needs and levels of influence. Contributes to communication plans and managing changes for project and partners.
- Requirements Analysis and Design Definition - Responsible for requirements management plans including elicitation, approvals, processes, RAID and scope impacts. Skilled in traceability, testing and validation. Supports the work partners to identify functional and technical requirements, translating the requirements into design specifications reflecting Functional Design, User Interface Design and Business Process Design. Closely partnering with the Architecture team, ensuring the technical solution will deliver the agreed business benefits.
- Business Case and Benefits Management – Supports the business case definition, capturing business justification for investment including return on investment and benefits realization.
- Solution Evaluation - Analyzes and assesses solution proposals and able to articulate supporting reasoning. i.e. assessing business readiness, improving value vs. spend.
- Work closely with Business Relationship Managers and Business Analysts to develop and maintain the relationship, support business process change and act as point of contact for application development.
- Collaborate with Business customers to identify business requirements and effectively communicate impact, cost and benefits of new and changed demands. Support or facilitate User Acceptance Testing.
- Work with process owners to identify and devise solutions that optimize business process performance, capability and competitiveness
- Ensure IT Architecture, Delivery and Support to ensure deep understanding of requirements and effective testing so that the solutions delivered to the business are efficient and effective, meeting the customer experience expectations.
- Work multi-functionally with or take responsibility for Test Lead to define the testing approach and the components of testing to ensure traceability of requirements and effectiveness of overall solution.
Education, Qualifications, and Experience
- Experience of using business analysis tools/techniques to design and deliver business change
- Strong engagement, communication and facilitation skills, including presentation and influencing skills
- Experience of working in a regulated environment
- Skilled in third party suppliers/vendors management
- Degree in relevant discipline or formal certification in business analysis practice
- Exposure to Agile Methodology
- Multinational organization experience
- Pharmaceutical business awareness//business domain knowledge
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.