Human Resources Advisor ( 12 month Secondment )
MyHR Advisor for the UK team
At AstraZeneca, every one of our employees makes a difference to patient lives every day. You may not feel you're at the front-line of research but your role in changing patients' lives is critical. Our mission is ambitious andit takes the skills of a collaborative team to really deliver on what science can do and to always put patients first.
Our HR team is cohesive and collaborative. We like to have fun, but as the go-to people for any of our 8000 UK employees with an HR-related query, we pride ourselves on delivering a right-first-time service. To us, that means understanding the ‘moments that matter’, offering pragmatic and sensible advice, and responding flexibly to make things happen.
Would you fit into our team?
Working for the MyHR UK team whilst based in Warsaw.
Working within well established guidelines and with readily available higher level support. May have responsibility for one or more administrative functions e.g. company benefits administration, etc. within a smaller geography. May be involved in project research under the direction of more senior colleagues. Is likely to be studying for Human Resources professional qualifications. Will not be a Team Manager but may assist in the development of others, especially new starters. Typically local rather than Global remit.
- Works within a team to deliver day-to-day advice on and administration of policies and programs covering one or a number of core areas of HR delivery (e.g. recruiting, compensation and benefits, training, employee relations, etc).
- Manages own tasks and operates independently to interpret, diagnose and resolve identified problems, escalating only complex issues for resolution
- Assists line managers to understand, interpret and apply HR policies, including providing the ground support in the execution of HR delivery in own specialist area
- Works within defined guidelines and policies, applying judgement to their application, this role will also identify issues with current processes and provide input on proposed changes to enhance effectiveness of HR delivery
- Under direction, provides HR support to assist with the communication of change
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- HR generalist experience
- Commercially aware with ability to effectively interact with managers to explain and execute HR policy
- Higher education
- English – Fluent
- Studying for a professional qualification
Key Relationships to reach solutions
- Own Team
- Line Managers
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.