Global Procurement Specialist (Agile Support Team)
Agile Support Team (AST) members operate right across the OGPS Group in Warsaw, to support Global Category Teams and marketing companies in the delivery of various procurement projects. Working in an agile manner, means AST members are deployed to support peak demand or provide more permanent backfill, for long term absence in different OGPS teams. The AST offers an opportunity to experience a broad range of procurement activity across AZ.
The role reports directly to the GPS Manager and forms part of the AST Team. The team have a relentless focus on delivering support to different projects based on the allocation.
There will be a strong expectation that the job holder will act as an ambassador of OGPS, confident and capable of talking about any element of OGPS service catalogue, and able to represent the function when engaging with any Procurement or Business stakeholders. They will be highly collaborative in their approach, able to demonstrate leadership for their area of responsibility and build strong credibility in their own capability and that of their function.
Responsible for (Team Dependent):
High standards in cooperation with business stakeholders, ability to connect and build strong relationship with stakeholders across the globe (matrix organization)
Working in a compliant manner, using core procurement policies, tools and systems
Category Management Team support:
- Providing project management support to specific category related projects
- Supporting the development of Annual Category Plans
- Shaping & implementing the category strategy as a global solution across the whole globe
- Analysis of category data across functions/systems
- Preparation of reports and presentations based on stakeholder needs.
Source To Contract Team Support:
- Supporting market research activities by issuing RFI,
- Managing sourcing projects (incl. issue of RFP, RFQ)
- Conducting e-auctions
- Analyse received proposals, make recommendations for supplier selection , preparation of the summary reports
- Supporting Global Category Team(s) in the contracting process: contract renewals and new contracts creation – negotiations/renegotiations of the T&C’s and contract clauses; contracts administration – gathering signatures and contract storage in the system
- Actively participating in the contracting process improvement and optimization (process steps, internal ways of working, legal support model, documents and templates etc.)
Other Teams Support:
- Assess and evaluate suppliers performance in order to introduce risk mitigation plan to maintain supply control
- The ability to actively manage key supplier relationships and performance targets
- Ability to leverage interpersonal skills to establish and develop relationships with all key stakeholders: suppliers and internal customers.
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- University degree required
- Experience in all main procurement disciplines
- Experience in managing stakeholders across the globe within the matrix organization
- Experience with data management / spend analytics
- Good understanding of the procurement overall processes
- Knowledge about buying practices
- Ability to engage fast with the stakeholders on different levels in the organization
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Written and spoken proficiency in English
- Procurement trainings
- Implementation of systems & processes
- Knowledge of the procurement systems (Ariba) is a benefit
- Project management skills
- Additional language would be a benefit but not a must
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.