At AstraZeneca, we are united by a common purpose: to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines. Every day, we make a difference by delivering potentially life-changing medicines to millions of people worldwide. Our purpose is results-oriented and so is our approach. Becoming a more agile and creative company means building a dynamic, inspiring culture where we celebrate diverse, bold thinking, are curious, creative, and open to new insights and ways of working.
Right now we are looking for a Data Scientist who will support our product, sales, finance, leadership teams with insights gained from analyzing data.
The ideal candidate has strong experience in using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. He must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams.
The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Apply data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and build quality prediction systems integrated with AstraZeneca products.
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Extend company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Process, clean, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Create automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- We’re looking for someone with 3- 5 year plus s of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models, has a Master’s or PHD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field, and is familiar with the following software/tools:
- Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages: R, Python, SLQ, etc. to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using PowerBI
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
Join AstraZeneca and help us deliver life-changing medicines. Be among our employees who continue to make us an innovation-driven company that stands firmly among the world’s leaders in biopharmaceuticals. APPLY!