Clinical Data Scientist
Clinical Data Scientist is responsible for configuration and maintenance of elements of Centralized Monitoring (CM) to ensure its readiness to support new and existing projects. Creates and updates CM system documentation. Responsible of setup of standard CM functionalities. May develop bespoke CM functionalities of lower complexity.
Works closely with Data Scientists within CM to support them in their work.
• Performs basic system administration activities including basic access management tasks, change management tasks, issue management tasks and related documentation
• Configures systems to enable CM support of new studies (including tasks like configuration of data sources and setup of new working spaces and repositories)
• Under supervision, develops and maintains lower complexity CM functionalities. Tasks can involve gathering of requirements, programming, testing and creating required documentation
• Delivers elements of or end-to-end mapping of standard CM functionalities (including programming, testing, validation, creating and filling of required documentation)
• Configures systems to enable execution of CM analyses for assigned studies (prepares systems for new study set-up; Sets-up and maintains system data sources)
• Educational degree (BSc/Msc/PhD) in Life Science, Computer Science or Information Science and experience in the application of information and knowledge management in a clinical or scientific setting, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Basic knowledge of at least one programming language used for data analysis or demonstrated ability/capabilities to acquire such skills in a reasonable timeframe
• Good communication skills in both written and spoken English
• Team player
• Basic knowledge of R is an advantage
• Previous experience with at least one BI platform is an advantage
• Previous experience in life science and clinical studies is an advantag
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.