Capability Service Manager (Finance)
At AstraZeneca we believe in the potential of our people and you’ll develop beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to see what you can achieve no matter where you start with us.
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have an unrivaled workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Here, employees are empowered to express different perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
The Service Management Team
Science & Enabling Units IT actively partners with business stakeholders to deliver cutting-edge IT capabilities to fulfil AstraZeneca’s aggressive ambition of delivering life changing therapies to patients. The ambition of Science & Enabling Units IT is to provide best-in-class expertise and leadership in technological solutions, BI Analytics and Information Delivery that empowers our Science and Enabling colleagues in the field and accelerates and improves strategic decision-making for a diverse range of partners. The team engages with some of the most exciting business areas within AstraZeneca and is faced with solving for a variety of complex business and IT challenges.
You will be accountable for the provision of excellent IT service to the business. You are responsible for management of the service portfolio, roadmap and all service activities; ensuring services are fit for purpose, delivered in accordance with Service Level Agreements and maintained in line with evolving business requirements. As the Capability Service Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for improving existing services and ensuring that new services are developed and implemented in line with business requirements. You will work collaboratively across global teams of business stakeholders, developers, partners, offshore support teams and vendors to successfully deliver continuous improvement and value.
A drive and passion for improving the service experience for end-users and getting it right in IT operations is key to the role. Candidates will be self-starters with strong organisational skills, expertise in ITIL service management and people management. This is an exciting opportunity to run and transform critical business services across AstraZeneca’s global footprint.
This candidate will have the opportunity to demonstrate leadership in maturing the service model and processes and through looking for ways to drive efficiency and quality from existing on-shore and off-shore resources. The first 12 months in role will be focused on developing capabilities and supporting AstraZeneca’s shift to customer centric service delivery. Candidates should expect a team-oriented, exciting, challenging, and fast-paced environment.
- End-to-end delivery of services across business capabilities.
- Portfolio and lifecycle management of service portfolio aligned to IT strategy, architecture, roadmaps, budgets, business priorities, and business processes.
- Acting as a single point of contact for service matters across the relevant portfolio.
- Delivery of end to end user experience and satisfaction.
- Dedicatedly identifying and delivering continuous service improvement within the relevant portfolio and contributing to improvement initiatives across the entire Team.
- Contributing to ways of working and operation of processes within AstraZeneca IT.
- Management of Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
- Management of Service Enhancement Requests.
- Capacity planning and management; taking account of business growth and changes.
- Application risk management, along with communicating and agreeing the aggregated risk position with the IT Capability Lead and business sponsor.
- Matrix management of multiple offshore Operational Service Managers across functions; to ensure services are delivered and continually improved to the expected levels.
- Execution of application decommission (BC, execution and benefits realisation) including where appropriate the removal of service components.
- Transition and design of new services through projects and BAU.
- Act as critical issue point for key service support processes, including Incident Management, Problem Management and Change Management.
- Management of relationships and communications with senior partners.
- Service performance reporting within IT and the business; including SLA and metrics.
- Lead compliance with GxP/SoX to ensure control frameworks and testing are in place and AstraZeneca remains compliant.
- Handle relationships with internal and external suppliers, serving as the main contractual lead representing AZ to external supplier organizations.
- Continually review and drive supplier performance, ensuring contracts are fit for purpose.
- Negotiation and agreement of licensing deals, where appropriate using SMEs within IT and Procurement for support.
- Maintain and apply knowledge of application technologies and industry trends/changes external to AstraZeneca.
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- ITIL v3 Foundation qualified
- Service management & IT support experience
- Ability to interpret & communicate technical information into business language
- Partner relationship management
- Customer satisfaction focus
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Dedicated & results-oriented
- Ability to handle complex & ambiguous situations
- Degree level education
- Prior experience working in Pharmaceutical or Healthcare industry IT environment
- Matrix management of offshore application support teams
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.