Biometrics Technology Associate
AstraZeneca is an innovative pharmaceutical company passionate about delivery of the best treatments to patients. AZ is dedicated to responsible sharing of clinical data for non-regulatory research re-use to push the boundaries of science.
For our team we are looking for creative, solution-minded people, truly passionate about medicine and science, who will join Biometrics & Information Sciences team. To be successful in this job you should be fluent in English and have programming aptitude. Working with clinical data will also require attention to details to ensure the privacy of patients is protected efficiently.
Biometrics & Information Sciences (B&I) drives good design to generate data needed for quality decision-making. B&I’s goal is to deliver value to the pipeline by excellence in delivery, improving decision-making, and engaging and crafting the external environment whilst accessing and implementing creative solutions.
Short role description
- Programming is the department that oversees and delivers the programming aspects of clinical drug development, manages and maintains the end-to-end standards and manages and maintains the Analysis and Reporting production tools and the information infrastructure.
- B&I Technology Solutions (BITS) is the function unit that leads design, programme management and delivery of Biometrics technology infrastructure, defines and delivers Programming’s Systems & Tools Project Portfolio, manages and maintains the Analysis and Reporting production tools and information infrastructure, and delivers project and study-level reporting in support of safety surveillance across the late-stage drug project portfolio.
- Data & Visualization Delivery team is responsible for the visualization systems & tools portfolio and initiatives.
- Data visualization delivery across drug projects:
- system administration;
- data mapping;
- visualization quality assurance and quality control;
- document management;
- end user trainings.
- Participate in the life cycle management of computerized systems/tools and business processes (development, implementation, compliance, maintenance, issue resolution, continuous improvement, decommissioning).
- Knowledge Management: build and maintain articles, instructions, and trainings within the B&I Technology Solutions function.
- Collect and maintain data for business-defined metrics.
- Collaborate and Engage with customers & partners across global and functional boundaries. Work in a dynamic multicultural environment.
- Participate in activities associated with audits and regulatory inspections in conjunction with study teams, Global Compliance, and other partners.
- Suggest process improvement solutions by analyzing current processes.
- Deliver shared services across drug projects (e.g. administration and system support, document management).
- Support the development of business cases for prioritization of project proposals for continuous improvement.
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- BSc in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, IS, Management, Life Science or other health care related discipline.
- Proven analytical skills, dedication to quality and standards.
- Interpersonal and time management skills, excellent attention to detail, ability to multi-task in a high-volume environment with shifting priorities, understanding how tasks combine into an efficient workflow.
- Exposure to sharing knowledge/information as well as training curriculum development and delivery.
- Team-working ability within a global team.
- Good written and verbal interpersonal skills in English.
- Computer proficiency.
- Programming experience or programming aptitude.
- Work experience in the pharmaceutical industry or in the environment of clinical study delivery/clinical development processes.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical drug development and clinical study processes and associated government regulations, ICH and GCP.
- Exposure to metrics data collection and reporting.
- Demonstrate the ability to actively identify risks and issues as well as possible solutions.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.