Senior Statistical Programmer, Early Clinical, R&D Oncology Unit
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality.
AstraZeneca’s R&D Oncology Unit is looking for a talented Senior Statistical Programmer for its Oncology Biometrics Group.
Our early-phase oncology programming team are strongly solution focussed when delivering quality results both internally and through the management of vendors. This dynamic and fast-moving team requires passionate and creative individuals to deliver quality results and help grow the team by actively contributing to the way we work. In return, as a team, we are committed to supporting your personal development and providing opportunities for growth.
We are looking for a talented Senior Statistical Programmer to work at the heart of our early-phase clinical study and project teams. As a senior member of the team your proven statistical programming expertise will be key in leading the delivering of quality outputs both for clinical reporting and exploratory/adhoc analyses through oversight of our projects and studies at our vendors and with internal programming work.
Main duties and responsibilities, what you will be doing:
- You will operate as the programming expert in project and study team interactions
- Apply programming techniques to aid in the delivery of quality deliverables (TFLs and datasets)
- You’ll contribute to the provision of technical consulting expertise to our external partners
- Contribute to process improvement initiatives using innovative approaches
- You will collaborate across business units and study teams to aid in the alignment of processes
- A maths, statistics, computer science, life science degree or equivalent experience
- Direct experience of clinical trials in a pharmaceutical environment
- Extensive SAS programming expertise
- Knowledge and application of CDISC standards
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A collaborative mindset
- Oncology and early phase experience
- SAS certification
- Knowledge of other programming languages such as R/Python/STATA
Closing date: 18th September 2019
Salary: Competitive + Excellent Benefits
Location: Central Cambridge/Melbourn Science Park, UK or Waltham, Boston, US
Next steps, if you feel you are suitable for the role please apply.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.