Associate Director Payer Evidence
Statistical Science Associate Director Payer Evidence - Oncology
The role holder provides technical leadership as either an expert for a number of statistical processes and systems or through leadership of a regional based group that ensures effective collaboration between a technical services group and AstraZeneca regional sites and customers. Will develop and build, or act as a specialist expert within, a cross-functional multi-skilled team comprised of experts across multi-disciplinary project teams.
Those who join AstraZeneca feel a sense of ownership about their future. They thrive with a recognized leader in the industry. AstraZeneca is an agile, fast-moving and emerging industry leader. We are a nimble organization that values smart risk-takers. With AstraZeneca, you will be applying a creative approach to science while being at the forefront of a strong and rich pipeline of cutting-edge medicines. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance science, technology and medicine to develop products designed to help people live better lives. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, integrity and growth opportunities.
Our robust pipeline includes investigational therapies in varied stages of clinical development, from recently approved products to earlier-stage molecules in clinical trials. We aspire to transform the lives of patients around the world.
We have an exciting opportunity available for a Statistical Science Associate Director in our Gaithersburg Maryland Office or our Waltham, Massachusetts location.
Biometrics and Information Sciences (B&I) drives good design to generate data needed for quality decision making. Our goal is to deliver value to the pipeline by excellence in delivery, improving decision making and engaging and shaping the external environment while accessing and implementing innovative solutions.
TA Statistics is the group that oversees and delivers all the statistical and programming contribution to design, decision-making, interpretations and communication internally and externally for the TA portfolio of projects and is engaged in shaping the TA external environment.
- To lead the strategic, statistical thinking and contributions to the Development Plans, Regulatory Strategy, Health Technology Assessment and Commercial Presentation of AZ products.
- Leadership to statistical staff on the product world-wide so that all work is carried out with regards to AZ standards and external regulations
- Through partnership with experts, developing design options and providing high quality decision support to enable the business to make informed decisions
- Quantifying the benefit, risk, value and uncertainty of the emerging product profile.
- Setting the standards (and enforcing compliance) for statistical work within the product;
- Holding CRO/Partners accountable for the high quality standards of their deliverables;
- Represent AZ and Statistics to Health Authorities and Reimbursement/Payer Organizations for specific projects/indications;
- Promote, investigate, develop and implement novel statistical approaches, for relevant statistical issues and/or regulatory guidance and/or value demonstration.
- Develop relationships with international opinion leaders, consultants and collaborative groups.
- Mentor/coach and support the education and training of Statistics staff in the technical arena
Expert Leadership role able to lead and direct project work
Accountable for the statistical work on the product world-wide
Minimum MSc in Statistics or Mathematics (containing a substantial statistical component) with experience in the Pharmaceutical, Healthcare or other relevant industry required.
In depth knowledge of the technical and regulatory requirements related to the role
Extensive experience in Development, Program Design, Data Analysis and Interpretation.
Experience with major regulatory interactions and/or submissions
Excellent communication skills and ability to build strong relationships
Additional preferred qualifications
High level of demonstrated collaboration skills. Experience working across global and functional boundaries both internally and externally
Ability to apply statistical expertise to complex problems, problem solving and quality focus.
Ph.D. in Statistics or Mathematics (containing a substantial statistical component) with experience in the Pharmaceutical, Healthcare or other relevant industry required.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.