Senior Manager, Genetic and Metabolic MSL
This is what you will do:
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is a field-based scientific expert that strategically supports the medical and scientific objectives of Alexion’s product/s across the product/s life cycle. He/she is a peer scientific expert who communicates accurate and applicable science to Healthcare Practitioners (HCPs) within a geographic area. In addition, MSL manages and maintains collegial and professional relationships with HCPs and identifies and facilitates collaboration opportunities with Alexion. The MSL combines strong business acumen and clinical expertise and serves as a peer-to-peer liaison internally and externally.
You will be responsible for:
- Develop and maintain peer-to-peer collaborations and relationships with key medical experts in a relevant therapeutic area within the assigned geographic region.
- Collaborate with physicians on medical affairs initiatives including publications, Externally - sponsored Collaboration (ESC), regional advisory boards, regional medical education opportunities, training and speaker development programs.
- Serve as scientific peer-to-peer resource to disease experts in applicable therapeutic area.
- Support the medical community with up-to-date medical information, robust disease expertise and product information.
- Communicate expert opinions and feedback on new data to Alexion Medical Affairs and therapeutic area franchises.
- Provide medical and scientific input into the planning and execution of regional advisory boards and work with physician experts to review speaker presentations and provide medical references where requested.
- Support clinical initiatives including site identification, trial recruitment, registry and presentation of final approved data.
- Work with regional government affairs and managed care account teams to deliver presentations in support of patient access.
- Understand local initiatives on disease and treatment guidelines.
- Serve as internal expert in specific therapeutic area demonstrating up-to-date and high level therapeutic expertise.
- Depending upon therapeutic area, develop an understanding of the regional landscape including specialties involved in care of patients in that area & other landscape mapping activities.
- Maintain compliance with all internal and external legal and regulatory guidelines.
- Other duties upon request including special projects.
You will need to have:
- Substantial industry experience (> 3-4 years ).
- Robust and current experience in relevant therapeutic areas relating to drugs in development, recently-launched and marketed biologics/ therapies.
- Candidates must have well-established networks and active relationships with KOLs focused on relevant therapeutic area.
- Experience in oncology, metabolic diseases, bone diseases and enzyme replacement therapy is strongly preferred.
- Candidate should have excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Energetically embraces responsibilities, demonstrates ability to achieve goals
- Has a strong personal initiative, and functions well as part of a cross-functional team
- Exhibits excellent time management and able to work independently
- Travel within region 3-4 days per week with 1-2 office days per week
- Required travel to medical meetings, team meetings and other group meetings (will require some weekends –possible 6 /year).