Mexico HR Director
AstraZeneca is one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies, with a broad range of medicines designed to fight disease in important areas of healthcare: cardiovascular, diabetes, respiratory and cancer.
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We believe in the potential of our people and you’ll develop beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to achieve our shared goals no matter where you start with us. When we see an opportunity for change we seize it and make it happen, because an opportunity no matter how small can be the start of something big. Delivering life changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial finding those moments and recognising their potential.
AstraZeneca’s HR function is on a transformation journey with the objective of delivering excellence in HR business partnering, centres of expertise and services. As this strategy continues to drive the effectiveness and performance of the business, to the benefit of millions of patients worldwide, best in class HR support and leadership becomes ever more important.
We’re currently looking for an HR Director for our Mexico organisation. This role reports to the Country Director Mexico with a dotted line to the Area HR Director Latin America. You will form part of the Mexico Senior Management Team and the Latin America HR Leadership team.
Our Mexico footprint:
Our Mexico Marketing Company is responsible for our commercial business consisting of portfolios in Cardiovascular Renal & Metabolic Disease, Respiratory & Immunology and Oncology. Our annual revenues are close to $200M and are expected to grow significantly over the next three years.
We also have a Global IT Major Site based in Guadalajara providing multi-disciplinary IT support and expertise for the AZ organisation. We have roles that interface directly with customers to enable business success, through to teams who ensure our infrastructure, applications and end user services are stable, yet agile enough to meet the rapidly evolving technology landscape.
Additionally, our Operations organisation has an important presence in Mexico City. Our Operations team are responsible for ensuring the highest levels of quality, care and efficiency in the packaging of our medicines for Mexico and other countries in Latin America.
Our AZ employee footprint across Mexico is around 1,400 employees, with 700 working in the Commercial organisation, 500 working in Global IT and 150 working in Supply and Manufacturing.
The HR Director plays a pivotal role as a member of the AZ Mexico Senior Management Team and as a key partner to IT and Operations. You will develop and implement a people strategy for the business that delivers the critical people and organisational capabilities required for future success. You will establish and implement policies, practices and initiatives that shape an inclusive culture, engage and inspire our employees and support delivery of our company strategy and vision. You will also maintain and develop our external employment brand, ensuring we remain attractive as a leading employer Mexico.
You will develop and drive a cross-functional HR strategy that ensures a simplified, efficient and agile HR organization. You will lead and develop the Mexico HR Team and work across the HR enterprise to ensure the effective delivery of Business Partnering, Reward, Talent Acquisition, Talent & Development, Employee Relations and HR Services support.
You will also form an integral part of our Latin America HR community and contribute to shaping and driving the People Strategy for AZ LatAm.
- As a member of the Senior Management Team:
- Contribute to the development and delivery of the business strategy and create and implement an aligned, future-facing people strategy.
- Build strong partnerships with business teams in Mexico to maximise the contribution of the HR function.
- Provide leadership, direction and development to the HR team to ensure that they are recognized as a highly valued function. Drive a culture of accountability, empowerment, development and innovation.
- Create a framework for assessing, attracting, developing and retaining key talent, internally and externally.
- Provide specialist knowledge on such areas as organisation design and development, change and communications.
- Reinforce employee engagement and Great Place to Work strategy via key initiatives, leadership capability building and overall shaping of the business agenda
- Create a high-performance culture through the implementation of an effective performance management system, incorporating effective reward and recognition practices.
- Set and manage all HR budgets.
- Manage the relationship with local employee forums and representative bodies.
- Ensure the application of all people related policies is fair and consistent and assures compliance with local legislation.
- Previous experience in a senior HR position in one or more LatAm market, with Mexico strongly preferred, working with senior leadership teams and contributing to the overall business agenda
- Proven experience in developing and implementing HR strategy
- Proven record in business partnering to deliver organisational transformation, workforce planning, capability and talent development, culture change and performance management
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with high degree of integrity and trust, and an ability to influence and achieve results through others
- Proven track record of leading and developing a team of HR professionals
- Experience of employee relations management and compensation and benefits management
- Previous experience working in a global organisation and able to operate with an enterprise mindset
- Experience of partnering with a commercial organisation, supporting sales and marketing teams to develop effective strategies that drive performance and support new growth
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- Postgraduate HR degree and/or professional HR qualification
- Breadth of HR experience e.g. regional / global responsibility
- Interest and ambition to develop career internationally
- Experience in the life sciences sector and / or technology industry
Be a trusted partner in a fast growing organization, and make an even bigger impact on our patients worldwide!
Join us today!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.