Gerente Unidad Negocio
At AstraZeneca, we are not afraid to do things differently. We are building a new kind of organisation to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we are opening up new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together.
AstraZeneca in Mexico
AstraZeneca has been present in the Mexican market for 25 years, and the dynamics of its development have accelerated considerably in recent years. In 2016 the Global Technology Center was introduced in Guadalajara, one of 2 in the world. The sites have nearly doubled in size over the last few years, now employing over 1000 FTE, and they are only set to grow further. We attract candidates from various regions of the world, including scientists, highly qualified medical, pharmaceutical, biotechnology experts, and data analysis sectors employees, often possessing unique competences in their field.
Business Unit Manager has primary responsibility for both sales and marketing across a large therapeutic area or medium sized geography.
- Leads and develops the sales and marketing teams including but not limited to performance management, talent management and career development
- Leads activities across brands, including the definition, design, execution and measurement of all marketing strategies and tactics to deliver on the brands’ objectives
- Responsible for sales execution within geography
- Responsible for budgetary compliance
Required skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead large teams (minimum 2 years)
- Demonstrated Level 3 abilities across all 6 AZ Leadership Capabilities
- Comprehensive understanding of the development and commercialization of pharmaceutical high specialty or immunology products in Mexico
- Comprehensive understanding of the Mexican Healthcare environment
- MBA in relevant field
- Experience in Consumer and/or Managed Markets role
- Sales and/or Sales Leadership experience
- Experience in Emerging or DFL role
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.