Finance Business Partner
To support the business area to maximise the finance contribution to the achievement of business objectives. They will provide quality financial and Operations input to individual investment decisions, challenge key forecasting assumptions and deliver expert financial analysis of performance, forecasts, key risks and sensitivities.
They will be viewed by customers as a business expert with a specialism in Finance. They will be members of a regional network of Finance Business Partners, Finance Business Managers and Business Analysts, sharing best practice and delivering valued support to the Business with global consistency and efficiency
The role broadly includes the following key components :
· Business Strategy & Decision Support; supporting key business & investment decisions with solid skills in scoping customer requirements, analysing issues, developing options and enabling appropriate decision making based on strategic business need
· Business Performance; driving financial performance and business activity, to deliver and communicate performance and business planning submissions/reporting, and to advise senior management on key drivers.
· Continuous Improvement, Coaching & Governance; supporting continuous improvement in Finance processes and capabilities and to lead financial risk management and financial governance in area of accountability.
· Internal control: ensure the robust internal controls to secure the business and assets
· Business Strategy & Decision Support
o Working proactively with the business to understand future financial information needs and producing efficient solutions to meet these needs ( Business Case Development, Benefits tracking, KPIs etc)
o Assessing the relevant input required to support others during difficult business decisions
o Negotiating and communicating effectively across teams and business units and with external parties to achieve a positive outcome, encouraging others to demonstrate flexibility when considering options and assessing business impact
o Being actively involved in review and development of short & long-term strategy in area of accountability and maintaining an up-to-date understanding of all developments which may affect the organisation’s operations and policies and proactively advising customers of all relevant matters to achieve business requirements and objectives
Business decisions to be supported, material in both value and impact, would include: Strategic change programmes, Investment propositions (including large scale capital programmes), Sourcing strategies and capacity decisions, Operations and/or Procurement decisions, Drug Project Milestones
· Business Performance
o Having joint accountability with the business for the accuracy of forecasts and, using a good understanding of the business model and financial drivers, to challenge and influence the key cost drivers.
o Developing reliable operational and financial forecasts ensuring resources are allocated to maximise value creation for AZ
o Leading the financial planning cycle in area of accountability; setting stretching but attainable performance targets and incentives, aligned to strategy and operational plans,
o Highlighting sensitivities & risks and delivering timely, accurate and granular reporting and commentary of site performance, linking business drivers to actual spend and forecast;
o Working with the Business to identify and drive through opportunities for efficiencies
o Exploring needs with internal customers and suppliers and utilising this information to improve business results showing significant operations and business acumen
o Post deal management on agreements in area of accountability, able to analyse and interpret financial statements, understand complex company valuations and contribute to deal-related analysis.
o Preparing all presentations for key finance review meetings with site VP and regional Finance Director.
o Working closely with Project/Capacity Managers to model and plan for volatile cost and resource demands
· Continuous Improvement, Coaching & Governance
- Identifying opportunities to improve working practices and processes in Finance and supporting their implementation
- Communicating governance and compliance standards and statutory regulations to non-specialists in a way that is understandable and relevant and relays the risk of Operations decisions effectively
- Leading insightful and proactive risk management processes to ensure the organisation’s regulations, rules and processes are adhered to, highlighting areas of concern and promoting continuous improvement in the robustness of the processes, sharing best practice across the business
· Internal control
o Ensure the internal control system is well designed, maintained and improved through working with group Finance, GFS and local control owners
o Make sure the internal controls are implemented and reviewed in a timely manner
o Coordinate the internal and external audit and follow up the actions for continuous improvement
Delivery of timely planning submissions and reporting requirements.
Feedback from finance networks and business customers
Quality of business cases and decision support materials
Timely, accurate and insightful performance reporting
Conformance with key process deliverables and timelines
Maintain and uplift a robust internal control system
· Qualified finance professional (or equivalent)
· Experience of Finance Business Partnering
· Worked in a finance team in a manufacturing facility
· Exceptional communication and presentation skills, including oral & written.
· Excellent Interpersonal skills.
· Demonstrable knowledge of global and corporate business context
· Experience of using financial systems to support business decision making (budgeting, forecasting & modelling)
· Experience of working in a global pharmaceutical organisation / understanding of the drug Operations aspects
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.