Government Affairs Manager
Develops and implements a government engagement strategy that positions AstraZeneca as partner of choice to relevant government stakeholders and that accelerates making AstraZeneca’s innovative medicines available to all patients in Taiwan. Works with relevant colleagues and external partners to support a healthier and more prosperous Taiwan.
- Positions AstraZeneca as partner of choice for healthcare and innovation to relevant ministries and agencies, including MoHW, NHIA, TFDA, MoEA, MoST and inter-ministerial bodies
- Works closely with the Market Access team to build and communicate to relevant healthcare authorities a strong value proposition for AstraZeneca’s innovative medicines, highlighting how they support Taiwanese patients and the Taiwanese healthcare system.
- Works closely with the Medical team to deliver an ‘innovation in healthcare’ partnership in line with Taiwan’s strengths and the Taiwanese government’s priorities.
- Works closely with the Commercial teams to align AstraZeneca’s sustainability programmes focused on asthma and diabetes healthcare improvement with the Taiwanese government’s priorities.
- Reviews and analyses government policies and initiatives and draws out implications for AZ Taiwan. Communicates findings to Country Leadership Team and Brand teams and develops appropriate responses and incorporate legislative and policy changes into company strategies
- Works across multiple policy stakeholders including Government Agencies, Patient Groups, Chambers of Commerce, Trade Offices, and media to drive policy advocacy and partnerships. Owns relationships with government officials, and plays a central role in interactions with key external government contacts.
- Coordinates AstraZeneca’s government engagement strategy and activity plan and manages the government affairs budget.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.