Do you have expertise in, and passion for administration? Would you like to apply your expertise to support the senior leaders within our Hematology R&D function in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies.
At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
Play your part in contributing to a business truly dedicated to its purpose and patients. United by a shared connection and commitment, we can see how everything we do adds up to a bigger impact on patients and society. Working for an enterprise at the cutting-edge of science, we feel a huge sense of pride in our potential to transform the lives of patients with unmet needs.
What you’ll do
We are currently recruiting an Administrative Coordinator to provide direct support to senior leaders within our Hematology R&D function. This is an exciting opportunity for you to take on a challenging, proactive and varied role in a fast paced and exciting environment.
This role will include extensive diary management, coordinating internal and external meetings, arranging virtual meetings and videoconferences, managing complex travel including visa arrangements, as well as organizing and preparing material for key meetings and communications. You will be required to attend key team and project meetings; supporting preparation of meeting agendas and other relevant documentation, and taking minutes and tracking actions.
You will possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills, good business awareness with sensitivity to confidential information, a can-do attitude balanced with a good sense of humor.
Being a confident individual, you will enjoy working with stakeholders across all levels of our organization, across different time zones and with people from many cultures, building networks and supporting colleagues. You will have strong influencing skills with the ability to engage relevant people in developing solutions, always looking for efficiencies and improvements. Often working independently, you must be able to respond to changes in customer and stakeholder demands with the flexibility to adapt to changing situations.
Role and Accountabilities:
- Manage a highly complex executive calendar to schedule meetings, conference calls, and special events; including exercising discretion as to priority and decision making responsibility.
- Responsible for providing exceptional and broad administrative, coordination and project support.
- As a member of the administrative support community, be responsible for providing back-up support and other assistance to other administrative staff, including training, and for contributing actively to the on-going development and implementation of shared practices.
- Handle multi-location domestic and international travel arrangements, and time/expense reports with accuracy and efficiency, including follow-through to ensure that appropriate and timely actions are taken.
- Act as informed deputy in dealing with internal and external "clients" on behalf of supervisor; interacts effectively with, and caters to, external visitors (high level, VIPs).
- Produce accurate, properly formatted documents, PowerPoint projects, and reports under normally tight time constraints.
- Prepare team meeting agendas and record meeting minutes.
- Prepare and edit correspondence and general communications for review.
- Apply knowledge of AstraZeneca processes and systems.
- Effectively manage special projects and other duties as assigned.
Essential for the role
- High School diploma or equivalent is required
- A minimum of 5 years demonstrated high level administrative support experience including experience of supporting senior leaders
- Previous experience supporting complex projects
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must have strong writing and communication skills, and the ability to interact confidently with executives and employees at all levels.
- Able to prioritize time sensitive assignments
- Must be able to communicate effectively, in person and in writing.
- Flexible to adapt to ever changing needs and deadlines.
- Must be able to effectively multitask in a fast-paced environment while maintaining confidentiality and discretion.
- Willingness to travel for high-priority partnering events
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
We feel a strong sense of pride and accomplishment playing our part in making a positive difference to medical science, patients and society – promoting health and wellbeing all around the world.
So, what’s next?
Are you ready to bring new insights and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available, and we hope it’s yours.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.