Technology Graduate Leadership Programme - Sweden
Technology Graduate Leadership Programme - Sweden
In AstraZeneca IT, we push the boundaries of technology to achieve positive business outcomes
At AstraZeneca we believe in the potential of our people and you’ll develop beyond what you thought possible. We need great people who share our passion for science & technology and have the drive and determination to meet the needs of patients around the world.
With more than 59,000 in over 100 countries worldwide, you could be part of delivering life-changing medicines that improve patients’ lives and benefit society globally.
Do you have a burning passion for technology and what it can do? Are you passionate about using your knowledge in the quest to discover and develop medicines that change the lives of patients with serious conditions? If so, the AstraZeneca Technology Graduate Leadership Programme is the perfect springboard to a senior technology leadership role within our global biopharmaceutical business.
We encourage creative thinking and new ideas whilst maintaining a strong customer focus, enabling us to fully understand all our business areas, how they operate and how we, in IT, create maximum value for them.
We need great people who can drive AstraZeneca’s vision of Growth Through Innovation, are driven, determined and hard-working. In return, we will support your development, making the most of your skills and passion to help you in reaching your ultimate career aspirations.
What does the programme involve?
Starting in 2020 the three-year programme comprises three rotations, each lasting eight months, followed by a year-long placement in a role that aligns to your passion, interest, skillset and our business objectives, whilst ensuring we offer you continued development and challenge.
Throughout your time on the Technology Graduate Leadership Programme you could be responsible for working with our customers and IT teams to deliver technology solutions to help our scientists and patients, our sales teams and our enabling functions such as HR or Finance to do their best work. You could be responsible for data sourcing and visualisation, supporting our business to make solid, data-driven decisions. You could be exploring possible tech solutions and implementing them to support process automation – the possibilities are endless.
The flexibility of the programme enables you to work with us to drive your own journey through the programme, often working with various customer groups to truly influence and improve the way our business operates.
Whichever role you perform, you will:
- Build knowledge of your IT area & the customer area(s) you are working with
- Have an important, contributing role in the team with real accountability to deliver the project, or piece of work, you are focussed on
- Have support from your line manager, your mentor and your buddy to help you deliver at your best
- Drive your own development, through formal learning and/or experience, with access to our global technology learning platform
- Join an established and vibrant IT early talent community globally
- Opportunity to get involved in activities that benefit society and our local areas, such as charity fundraising, helping school leavers decide on their next steps, expanding technology to students.
- Benefit from working in a diverse, global company where we value and embrace the advantage true diversity can bring to a workplace…you may even get the opportunity to visit colleagues in other countries
As this is such an amazingly unique opportunity, we have a few requirements of the great people who join us:
- Graduates of IT-related disciplines e.g. Information Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Information or even those who have a Science-related degree but also a huge passion for technology
- You will have graduated in 2018/2019 or due to graduate by September 2020
- Passion to work in pharmaceuticals and healthcare, with a real desire to make a difference to patients
- Quick and agile thinker
- Confidence to express your opinions and ideas to drive innovation and fresh thinking
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Demonstrable initiative
- A strong desire to learn and innovate
- Valid passport and willingness to travel if the rotation requires it
- Fluency in English.
- Additional language skills.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applications open: 10th January 2020
Applications close: 29th March 2020
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.