Nordic IVS and Health Economics Director
The IVS and Health Economics Director reports to the Country President Nordic and is a member of the Nordic Senior Management Team
·The IVS & Health Economics Director represents the function in the Nordic SMT and plays a key role in contributing to the strategic disease area, brand and country prioritization for the organization
Works closely with Nordic Governmental Affairs and the Country Directors on setting the strategic policy shaping agenda for value-based pricing and indication-based pricing
- The IVS & HE Director is accountable for anticipating future payor evidence gaps and external payor and reimbursement trends in relation to the evolving AZ portfolio.
- The role of the IVS & Health Economics Director is to ensure the function is organized and resourced to deliver on the strategic objectives and identified evidence gaps and external trends in Nordics.
- The IVS & HE Director is working closely with the country directors to ensure capability enhancement across the countries to ensure we are well set to deliver our current and future priorities.
- The IVS&HE Director is accountable for ensuring there is a robust and well-functioning pricing process with clear accountabilities in place for the cluster.
- The IVS & Health Economics director creates a climate of innovation, ensuring the development and implementation of innovative solutions that expand access and create value to AZ and to the Health Care systems.
- Develops capabilities in the team and builds a robust succession pipeline for Nordics and beyond
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- We are seeking individuals with relevant academic degree (PhD, MSc, MBA or equivalent, preferably in economics, health economics, etc.)
- 5+ years experience from the pharmaceutical industry or other relevant industry/business.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge in English language
- Strong business acumen
- Experience from developing strategic recommendations and translating insights in to strategic priorities and business objectives
- Proven track record of developing business cases
- Proven track record of strong negotiator both internally and externally
- Experience from overseeing and managing complex projects
- Track record of managing and delivering strategy & submissions to market access and pricing groups
- Good understanding of pricing & reimbursement structures in all Nordic countries
- Established networks to payer stakeholders in one or more Nordic markets
- Experience of developing strategic partnerships
- Solid understanding of Health Economy and RWE
- Working experience on outcomes-based contracts and/or indication-based pricing
- Experience from the health care / reimbursement environment and authority landscape in the Nordic countries
- Knowledge and experience of all therapy areas: cardiovascular, respiratory, immunology, diabetes and oncology
- Hands on experience of Health economics and Real World Evidence
- People management experience
- Understanding of financial flows and commercial contracting
- Pharmaceutical Pricing experience
- Fluency in one or more Nordic language
Key Relationships to reach solutions
Internal (to AZ or team)
- Nordic Senior Management Team
- Country Leadership Teams
- EUCAN & Global colleagues
- Nordic Governmental Affairs
- Medical Evidence
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.