Health Economics Director – Nordic Baltic Marketing Company (NOBA)
Are you a strong leader in Health Economics? With a passion for patient outcomes, team leadership, cross functional collaboration and scientific excellence? Then AstraZeneca might be of interest to you!
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines and strive to continuously meet the unmet needs of patients worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead and develop talent, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person.
The AstraZeneca Nordic-Baltic (NOBA) Marketing Company employs around 450 people across 7 countries and has offices located in Södertälje, Copenhagen, Helsinki, Oslo, Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius. By 2025 AstraZeneca NOBA aims to become a recognized leader in its core therapy areas and thus improve the lives of millions of people. This will be achieved by driving excellent launches, building close collaboration and partnerships with stakeholders in health care systems, and developing high performing teams.
We are now searching for a Health Economics Director with preferred location in Sweden. The Health Economics Director is a key role in the Market Access & Pricing Leadership team and will take lead for a dedicated team of 8-10 health economists who’s skills and contributions are unmatched in the business. You and the team will collaborate on a daily basis with colleagues from Market Access & Pricing, Business Units, Medical & Regulatory as well as global teams.
As Health Economics Director you will be responsible for managing and developing NOBA’s Health Economics Centre of Excellence. You will lead and coordinate Nordic-Baltic and local health economics projects to achieve the maximal commercial success of products throughout their life cycles. As a health economist, you will have an in-depth and expert knowledge of Health Economics (including payer analytic tools such as input to RCT & RWE design & analyses, systematic reviews, meta-analyses, and indirect and mixed treatment comparisons as well as cost effectiveness and budget impact modelling) and its application to pricing and reimbursement of pharmaceutical innovations.
- Responsible for managing and coordinating the Nordic-Baltic and local health economics activities and representing the team in the Market Access & Pricing Leadership Team
- Responsible to build and develop the long-term competitive position of AZ within HE. Continuously tests and develops new HE approaches
- Responsible for managing and coordinating the Nordic-Baltic and local health economics activities
- Active collaboration with NOBA Market Access & Pricing teams to ensure alignment between HE work and local needs
- Career planning to ensure optimal competencies, both short and long term, in the HE organization, while also providing development for Nordic and international roles
- Assures tasks are of correct quality and in accordance with written procedures and current legal requirements and internal standards
In order to succeed in this role, you have
- A relevant academic master’s degree (e.g. Economics, Public Health, Medicine, business administration) and preferably a PhD
- Significant experience from Health economics work within pharmaceutical, consultancy or similar industry both from a technical fluency perspective as well as its application for payer value communications
- Strong understanding of interest in science, including real world data, and the value of pharmaceuticals
- Proactive and insistent in achieving results, can resolve and overcome challenges and master of collaboration in matrix organizations
- Has a good understanding of the ethical code and compliance requirements of the pharmaceutical industry
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Knowledge of Nordic healthcare systems and their changing needs for health economic and payer analytic information
You must have strong leadership and people management skills, fluent in both written and spoken English. Knowledge of a Nordic language will be an asset as well insights into digital transformations and application of digital solutions within the field of health economics.
Why AstraZeneca? Our offer to you
When we at AstraZeneca see the chance to change, we take this opportunity - for every opportunity, no matter how small, can be the beginning of something big. Delivering medicine that changes people's lives is about having an entrepreneurial spirit - finding moments and understanding its potential.
We are looking for you, who together with the team will make a difference for patients' lives every day. We at AstraZeneca welcome your positive attitude and your desire to develop both yourself and the team. You will get to use your drive and your ability to work carefully and structured even at a high tempo.
For more information about the position please contact hiring manager Martin Strandberg-Larsen, VP Market Access & Pricing, NOBA, AstraZeneca. Direct Telephone no.: +45 31221413.
Welcome with your application no later than January 20th, 2019.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.