【JOPS】Asset Planner, Ops Supply Chain Management
Network Supply Planner
Are you an innovative supply chain thinker with a passion for the patients we serve and a desire to operate and lead in a global environment? If so, then this job as a Network Supply Planner at AstraZeneca is the role for you!
AstraZeneca is at an exciting time of new products and launches. We get to work with innovative and scientific products on our leading-edge end to end supply chain, using the latest technologies and modern facilities
Here you can feel a strong connection to the patient. It’s what drives us every day. We are united behind one mission – finding the best solution to put our patients first. Play a critical role in making this happen, delivering our innovative medicines all the way until they reach our patients. Adapt and innovate at pace
Have the opportunity to play a role in evolving Supply Chain, reimagining how we do things, and creating a collective legacy. Unrivalled leaders in this space, we always do it the right way – with sustainable lifecycle management. There’s no better time to take ownership and reshape the entire ecosystem, from technological advances to develop more ethical approaches to our work.
AstraZeneca has embarked on a Supply Chain Transformation Program that is designed to deliver world-class performance, increase agility, reduce costs and improve customer service levels. This program includes 6 workstreams and includes the creation of integrated supply chains that run from procurement right through to delivery to the person at the end of the supply chain. This ‘end-to-end approach to supply will also provide clearer accountability, greater transparency, and better, shared decision-making. The Global Planning Workstream is responsible for the transformation delivery within the 4 therapy areas. This role is responsible to support and drive the delivery of identified improvements on key sites for the end-to-end Global Planning solution within 5 key areas - Leadership, Planning, Scheduling, Data, and Flow. The objective is to drive transformation and embedding all aspects of the Global Planning objectives on site and above site so that the change and transformation lives on after the program comes to an end. It is also responsible for working with site leadership team to prioritize therapy stream objectives and alignment to Performance Management.
The Network Supply Planner is an above site planning role, part of Global Supply Chain & Strategy, reporting to the Network Supply Planning Lead. In this role, you will have responsibility for planning a group of resources (internal or external). In this capacity, the role creates, develops, and maintains a cross-brand constrained production & capacity plan for assigned resources/products, while facilitating efficient manufacturing operations for the slushy and tactical horizon, according to the monthly planning cycle
As part of these planning responsibilities, you will ensure that relevant resource supply constraints and events are modeled in the system. This role drives the Sales & Operational Execution (S&OE) process by facilitating the relevant meeting and reviews on a weekly basis. The role is a key player in the Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) process by leading the supply consensus meeting with sites and Process Execution Teams (PETS), in which the role supports by providing necessary simulations to support decision making.
You will be a gatekeeper of the operational plan and liaison between site (mainly governed by S&OE) and market companies via demand planners (or Marketing Company Account Managers (MCAMs). Finally, the role ensures that constrained executable plans are seamlessly handed over to Production Planners.
What you will do:
- Build the tactical plan to execute
- Create and own the capacity-constrained plan that balances service, cost, and inventory in the tactical horizon
- Partner with the Global Brand Planner to influence Supply Chain Design for my assets
- Lead scenario planning to mitigate risk and find opportunities
- Lead the S&OE process and Supply Consensus forums at Site
- Partner with up and downstream node Network Supply Planners to drive alignment across the Supply nodes and secure robust demand signals
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience in Supply Chain Environment (Manufacturing, Planning)
- Advanced supply chain (inventory, capacity, and network) planning skills
- Digital savvy (data & system minded)
- Operational Experience with planning systems (ie. ERP/APS systems)
- Experience in managing and developing solutions for supply chain events.
- Capacity management & modeling
- Understanding of supply chain planning parameters, master data, and master data integrity & quality.
- Experience in collaboration with the key interfaces within the end-to-end supply chain, with manufacturing, and between supply chain and commercial functions – experience working with third-party suppliers would be a bonus.
- Excellent communications and collaboration skills are required to manage a multitude of customers and stakeholders, both internal and external to AZ.
- Proficient in using key Lean Tools
- A degree or equivalent in Business, Logistics, Sciences, or Engineering is preferred, equivalent experience will be taken into account.
- APICS / CSCP or equivalent certification
- Lean certification
- Robust understanding of and contributing to an S&OP process.
- Commercial experience
- Leadership experience
If you want to make a big impact, this is the place for you. Our contribution to life-changing medicines is why people have been here for decades. We do it for the patients.
So, what’s next
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.