County Medical Educator Manager
NATURE & SCOPE工作性质及范围
(a) Organization structure / 组 织 机 构
Functionally reports to / 功 能 汇 报
Associate Director of MIE
Operationally reports to / 运 作 汇 报
Associate Director of MIE
Position title of subordinates/ Number of subordinate / 下 属 的 岗 位 名 称 及 人 数
7-8 County Medical Educators
(b) Key working relationships / 主 要 工 作 关 系
Internal contacts within AZ / 内 部 联 系
County Medical Affair
County commercial team (sales & Mkt.)
Other TAs and r functional departments in China Medical Affair.
Internal training departments i.e. AZU
Compliance, financial, HR & legal etc.
External contacts with organizations outside AZ / 外 界 联 系
Policy makers of county healthcare.
KOL/HCP in county
Related academic association
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES / 主要职责
1. People management
- Recruit the right talent for the role of County Medical Educator according to scientific or technical ability, business acumen and positive attitude.
- Manage and drive County Medical Educator’s performance in the following objectives: accurate and balanced scientific data delivery, territory management, stakeholder engagement and interactions, project and activities.
- Conduct 1:1 meeting/field visit to coach and review County Medical Educator’s capabilities.
- Develop fundamental training for development of on County Medical Educator ’s capabilities initially and sustain trainings (capabilities and/or scientific knowledge) after one on one coaching if needed.
- Retain and develop high performing County Medical Educators through ongoing development.
- All direct reports have defined objectives and development plan.
- Conduct performance assessment twice a year – County Medical Educator to achieve required standard on knowledge and skills (role play) to support career development – Quarterly field official assessment per County Medical Educator.
- Spend a minimum of 60% of time coaching County Medical Educator in the field – a minimum of one day each month rising to 2-3 per month for new starters (new starter defines as new County Medical Educator role in pharma industry within 6 months).
- Conduct monthly County Medical Education meeting to refresh training, coach and/or review quarterly County Medical Plan.
- Achieve retention rate of County Medical Educators as per local HR retention benchmark.
- All County Medical Educators complete required accreditation
- Development plan for team and individual County Medical Educators are built and reviewed quarterly.
2. Planning and delivery
- Proactively seek regional collaboration with internal and external stakeholders to build up innovative scientific partnership.
- Work closely with the County Medical Affair Team/County Medical Advisors to develop the medical strategy that aligns County Medical Plan and provides support to the sale team or other internal stakeholders.
- Resource optimization and organizational effectiveness - Ongoing assessment of County Medical Education Team resources to fulfil Brand requirements and unmet needs of academic development.
- Define a specific stakeholder engagement plan for self and team that is aligned with County Medical Plan including 1:1 customer activity and CME meeting objectives
- Ensure each County Medical Educator has their own KOL engagement plan and defined customer goals
- Support County Medical Educators in their external stakeholder engagement by reviewing their pre-meeting objectives
- Track team and individual delivery versus plan and adjust plan accordingly
- Provide regular updates to organization on Delivery versus plan, variance to plan and proposed Mitigation.
- Share insights from customer activities with organization in a timely and consistent
- Define an KOL list that is set for the year An approved County Medical Educator KOL engagement plan that is fully aligned with Brand Medical plan and reviewed every quarter
- Achievement of key objectives and critical KPIs reviewed on a monthly basis and mitigation defined
- Achievement of customer advocacy scores achievement versus plan
3. Personal development
- Develop behaviors leading to enhanced effectiveness as outlined in County Medical Educator Manager’s Competency definitions
- Communicate, develop and role model AZ culture and AZ Values & Behaviors
- Develop individual and team accountability
- Identify areas for self-development and discuss developmental needs with line manager using the 70-20-10 principle (experiential learning, coaching/networking/relationship-based learning and class room training)
- Attend & actively participate in learning programs, training, projects and meetings (where needs)
- Knowledge of County Medical Educator Manager competency definitions
- Demonstration of AZ Values & Behaviours
- Execution of training post-course action plans
4. Compliance with relevant company and industry code of Conduct and also to comply with local country codes
- Ensure self and team operate within the relevant Codes of Conduct, including GPEI and SOPs
- Ensure self and team understand AZ policies when engaging KEEs and external stakeholders
- 100% adherence to compliance
Job requirements /工 作 要 求
Academic / Professional qualification / 学 历 / 专 业 资 格
- Master advanced degree in clinical medicine.
- Or bachelor degree in clinic medicine and more than 5+ year on relevant experience of medical affairs in pharmaceutical company
Technical / skill training / 技 术 / 技 能 训 练
- Extensive experience of Medical Affairs function with in a pharmaceutical industry
- Extensive experience in relationship and stakeholder management
- Project management experience
Working experience (No. of years / 年 资, Job function / 工 作 功 能, Business types / 业 务 种 类 )
- 3+ year experience on MSL/Sr. MSL in MNC pharmaceutical company.
- Understanding of multiple aspects within Medical Affairs
- Understanding on local situation of county healthcare.
- Fluent in spoken/ written English
- Fluent Microsoft Office operation skills
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.