(Sr.)Manager – iCampus Company Engagement
•I·Campus focuses on developing the enabling platform for global innovative life science companies (covering 4Ds: Drug, Device, Diagnostic, Digital) expanding China market to 1) create an open-innovation ecosystem for AZ; 2) enable global companies by integrating their China expansion journey with AZ commercial platform and partner resources; 3) synergize global innovation resources with AZ integrated patient-centered solutions to catalyze AZ platform strategy; 4) fuel AZ China growth engine by pushing the innovation frontier and exploring new ventures
•The recruit will (1) work closely with AZ global innovation hub team and external network to identify qualified life science company leads expanding China market; (2) work closely with AZ China BU/BD/medical/innovation team and needed experts to evaluate the qualification and commercial fitness of potential landing companies ; (3) liaise with government team to negotiate the landing terms with target companies; (4) manage the whole company landing process to ensure the enrichment of I·Campus portfolio companies.
NATURE & SCOPE
(a) Organization structure
- Report to I·Campus Director
(b) Key working relationships
- Interface directly with target life science companies landing into I·Campus;
- Work closely within AZ global innovation hub team;
- Work closely with AZ China BU/BD/medical/innovation team;
- Liaison with I·Campus government team;
- Well connect with industry innovation partners with company pipelines.
（c）Working Location / 工作地点 （Optional）
- Shanghai China
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
Key Result Areas (in order of importance)
- Connect with global Life science company network to support I·Campus growth
- Sourcing “In Global to China” company opportunities
- Term negotiation
- Company relations management
- The core responsibility of this position is to leverage network to enrich the external partnership and to increase the number of I·Campus portfolio companies to drive ecosystem development
- Build strong relationships with AZ global innovation hub teams, external partners such as industry associations, foundation, government, VC, biotechs and funding agencies to generate company pipelines.
- Build a thorough understanding of the life science innovation trends, company’s portfolio and integrated solution in related disease areas and provide thought leadership to ensure effective scouting and high quality assessment to new company opportunities from global to China.
- Drive the assessment of the company by leading cross-functional collaboration in AZ with key stakeholder functions including BU, Medical, BD and Commercial Innovation to ensure potential synergy and alignment with AZ resources.
- Manage term negotiations process to close the expectation gap between company and government teams.
- Maintain good relations with companies once landing in I·Campus.
JOB REQUIREMENTS & COMPETENCIES
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree (preferably in a scientific discipline) plus advanced degree (Master / MBA / Ph.D./ M.D./ J.D.).
- >6 years’ experience in pharmaceutical or healthcare related industry, with in-depth knowledge of this industry and the role & dynamics of business development, consulting or investment.
- 3+ years experiences in designing and negotiating complex business development or investment terms in pharma/biotech industry, with outstanding and proven negotiation expertise.
- Innovative thinking, openness to new ideas, comfortability with uncertainties, and ability to think out of box are core competencies for the job.
- Excellent project management and analytical skills, with experience in an environment requiring significant data analysis and cross-functional interaction.
- Able to think analytically and strategically, synthesize information quickly and logically.
- Commitment to teamwork and able to lead a cross functional team.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office, especially PowerPoint and Excel.
- Fluent in English and Mandarin, both written and verbal.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.