DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES / 主要职责
External Medical & Scientific engagement
Build, enhance and maintain the engagement with scientific leader
- 60% of time in field engaging HCPs and external stakeholders across territory and brands.
- Proactively identify HCPs with high levels of scientific expertise in local treatment practice to collaborate on specific medical marketing activities.
- Development and implementation of KOL engagement plan in collaboration with line manager. Review with line manager this plan every quarter, develop KOL visit plan- this includes pre call visit/engagement plan with clear objective of the visit, key points discussion for the visit, data to be shared and discussed with the KOL.
- Develop own scientific knowledge for discussion on all aspects of the data to be shared with KOL in a scientific, objective and balanced way through 1:1 discussions. Prepare for such interactions with peer group discussions. Respond to unsolicited requests for information about unapproved AZ products or unapproved uses of approved products, presenting such information in an objective, scientifically balanced, substantiated manner. Develop database of Key external experts and also provide recommendations for advisory board participation.
- 60% of available time spent meeting KOLs. (Available time = total days minus holidays, weekends, sickness).
- Complete records of KOL visits and regular review by County Medical Educator line manager (define routine review as monthly for new starters and quarterly for non-new starters).
- Coverage/engagement of KOLs versus plan.
- Improvement in advocacy score.
- Meeting skills and presentation skills based on in field coaching and assessment annual role play assessment of capabilities and scientific knowledge– use standard assessment form and methodology.
- Feedback from KOLs.
Build and maintain trust-based relationships with external stakeholders
- Build AZ relationship with key external stakeholders (e.g. policy makers of county healthcare, patient advocacy groups, key medical organizations, hospital pharmacy). Find opportunities to collaborate with such external stakeholders. Provide scientific support in CME events and through appropriate medical sponsorships/ partnership.
- Act as scientific expert in the disease area(s) by presenting therapeutic updates to external stakeholders.
- Quantity of CMEs and Medical Sponsorship versus plan.
- Positive customer feedback post events.
Develop or initiate scientific programs to explore unmet medical needs in priority disease area(s)
- Work with HCPs in scientific activities that help advance disease understanding such as:
- Identify and recommend KOLs for County Advisory Boards.
- Identify potential speakers and train speakers as appropriate.
- Interact in the field with the medical community in the context of various medical projects, such as clinical trials and scientific exchange meetings.
- Respond to unsolicited off label questions from KOLs.
- Able to conduct basic discussions on clinical trials in terms of study design and feasibility.
- No. of P2Ps/round table discussions versus plan.
- No. of CMEs versus plan.
- Positive customer feedback.
- In field observation by line manager and coaching form.
Medical & Scientific Support for internal stakeholders
Act as scientific expert in priority disease area(s) for internal stakeholders
- Continuously acquire and update necessary scientific knowledge on therapeutic area and relevant compounds.
- Provide the AZ internal stakeholders with an understanding of local medical community, clinical practice, trends and real or perceived gaps in current scientific knowledge and medical treatment, competitor information.
- Provide regular update on partnerships with HCPs, as speakers, or in the context of medical projects.
- Initiate and conduct appropriate AZ staff training & development on information regarding current and emerging clinical data and emerging trends in clinical medicine and practice within TA.
- To work with internal cross functional team on formulary listing
- Provide scientific support at AZ sponsored educational events
- % of trainings conducted versus plan
- No of days providing training versus plan
- Feedback on training from participants
- Feedback from business partners on quality of contribution to Medical and Brand plans – collected by line manager
Continuously demonstrate development of scientific expertise in disease area(s) of company focus
- Attend relevant scientific congresses and HCP meetings to gather new knowledge on AZ compounds, competitor information and therapeutic area
- Positive engagement and response to coaching and feedback received from line manager
- In daily work takes time to reflect on customer interactions and works on areas agreed with line manager as priorities for development. Develop functional capability in the role
- Proactively demonstrate the AZ Values
- Identify areas for self-development and discuss developmental needs with line manager using the 70-20-10 principle (experiential learning, coaching/networking/relationship-based learning and classroom training). Active participation in AZ training, projects, and meetings depending on development needs
- 100% completion of training as required on Medical Academy and AZLearn
- Feedback on congress report/highlights shared with cross- functional team as planned – completed feedback templates
- Has a personal development plan and completes identified development activities as planned
Compliance with relevant company and industry code of Conduct and also to comply with local country codes
- Keep regular update and operate within the relevant Codes of Conduct, Ethical Interactions (EI), including GPEI and SOPs
- Be sure to understand AZ policies when engage to KOLs and key external stakeholder.
- 100% adherence to compliance
JOB REQUIREMENTS & COMPETENCIES / 工作要求和胜任能力
Job requirements /工 作 要 求
Academic / Professional qualification / 学 历 / 专 业 资 格
- Master’s degree in clinical medicine preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in clinical medicine with 1+ clinic experience in local hospitals.
Technical / skill training / 技 术 / 技 能 训 练
- Knowledge and experience of the pharmaceutical industry.
- Well communication skills.
- Ability to interact and manage a range of stakeholders both internally and externally
- Knowledge of legislation relevant to pharmaceutical sales and marketing
- Self-management and execution ability
Working experience (No. of years / 年 资, Job function / 工 作 功 能, Business types / 业 务 种 类 )
- Understanding on local environment of county healthcare.
- Understanding of multiple aspects within Medical Liaisons.
- Experience in training/ consulting.
Language ability / 语 言 能 力
- Fluent in spoken/ written English.
Computer literacy / 电 脑 知 识
- Fluent Microsoft Office operation skills.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.