An external and internal facing role that provides medical and clinical expertise in priority therapeutic areas and builds AZ scientific leadership. Medical advisor is responsible to medical plan preparation. In addition, the Medical Advisor will input into Brand Strategy and LCM and take the lead in the design and implementation of medical activities aligned with Brand Strategy. The role focuses on the development of professional relationships with KEE, building deep scientific understanding of AstraZeneca compounds by engaging KEE in study, scientific exchange meetings and advisory board meetings. Further internal accountabilities include the delivery of medical education and clinical support to medical professionals, training sales teams and involvement in development of brand strategy.
There are 4 levels in medical advisor role, i.e. associate medical advisor, medical advisor, Sr. medical advisor and principal medical advisor.
Medical advisors are expected to have ≥1 year’s experience as associate medical advisor and proven record of success (internally or externally). Sr. medical advisors are expected to have ≥2 years’ experience as medical advisor and proven record of success (internally and externally). Principal medical advisors are expected to have ≥2 years’ experience as Sr. medical advisor, basic coaching skill and proven record of success (internally or externally).prefer he or she has experience in Surgery, or Critical care or Anti-biotics area.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES / 主要职责
Medical & Scientific leadership for internal stakeholders
To establish AstraZeneca as a scientific leader through proactive, updated and effective Medical input
- Develop and implement the local medical plan to address unmet medical needs in priority disease areas and ensure alignment with the brand plan.
- Provide medical input for the development of company’s Brand plans
- Provide the AZ internal stakeholders with an understanding of the local medical community, clinical ractice, trends and real or perceived gaps in current scientific knowledge and medical treatment, competitive intelligence
- Develop and implement pre-launch medical plan/activities for new products at least 2 years prior to the planned launch in the country to address key clinical and scientific challenges
- Provide medical leadership on faculty and content development for medical programmes including national congresses, advisory boards, scientific exchange meetings, publications, CMEs to meet identified needs
- Provide medical input to global protocols, study feasibility and local customer’s research initiatives.
Provide medical input into the Life Cycle Management of priority brands and TAs to meet unmet medical needs
- Participate as key member of brand team as strategic partner towards LCM actions
- Develop NIS or registry studies to address unmet medical needs
- Initiate discussions with customers to develop studies that will fulfil global and local business strategies.
Governance and ensuring overall adherence to processes and regulation
- Provide medical input to the creation, development and agreement of promotional material and ensure all material is in line with internal SOPs and meets IFPMA code
- Support Clinical team to select appropriate investigators and sites optimising quality, delivery and commercial benefit
- Ensures compliance with AZ code of conduct, Corporate Governance, Audits requirement, guidelines, codes, policies and procedures
- Ensures that company confidentiality is maintained (i.e. intellectual property, product, strategic and salary information)
- Discloses potential breach of codes or conducts
External Medical & Scientific engagement
Build, enhance and maintain the engagement with key external expertise (KEE).
- Proactively identify HCPs with high levels of scientific expertise in local treatment practice to collaborate on specific medical marketing activities
- Development and implementation of KEE engagement plan in collaboration with line manager.
- Develop database of KEEs and also provide recommendations for advisory board participation, potential speakers and train speakers as appropriate.
- Develop own scientific knowledge and share emerging data with HCPs, discussing all aspects of the data in a scientific, objective and balanced way. Disseminate results of studies completed to medical community by translating their clinical values and incorporating into business strategies.
- Respond to unsolicited requests for information about unapproved AZ products or unapproved uses of approved products, presenting such information in an objective, scientifically balanced, substantiated manner.
Develop or initiate scientific programs to explore unmet medical needs in priority disease area(s)
- Discuss potential involvement in ESR and RWEs. Interact in the field with KEEs for clinical trials, ESRs
- Able to conduct discussions on clinical trials in terms of study design and feasibility
Continuously demonstrate development of scientific expertise in disease area(s) of company focus
- Positive engagement and response to coaching and feedback received from line manager.
- In daily work takes time to reflect on customer interactions and works on areas agreed with line manager as priorities for development.
- Develop behaviours leading to enhanced effectiveness as outlined in Competency definitions.
- Proactively demonstrate the AZ Values
- Active participation in AZ training, projects, and meetings depending on development needs
Compliance with relevant company and industry code of Conduct and also to comply with local country codes
- Keep regular update and operate within the relevant Codes of Conduct, Ethical Interactions (EI), including GPEI and SOPs
- Be sure to understand AZ policies when engage to KEEs and external stakeholders
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.