The role and responsibility of the Manager- Medical Science Liaison is to lead the Medical Science Liaison team to develop and maintain trust-based established relationships with opinion leaders, who are influential in shaping treatments by:
- Engaging in in-depth, expert scientific product or disease area discussions or presentation of detailed clinical data in a non-promotional, scientist to scientist context;
- Partnering with HCPs on medical and scientific projects, including clinical trials;
- Responding to unsolicited questions raised by HCPs regarding AZ products
- Serve in a non-managerial peer leadership role within Medical Affairs
- Provide project leadership and project management
- Create customized health economic and/or outcomes research programs and/or pre-clinical &post marketing program aligned with AZ strategy that address the needs of internal and external customers
- Develop and maintain business relationships with key clinical customers and decision makers through scientific exchange
Manager- Medical Science Liaison must ensure that the Medical communication team is structured, staffed, trained and resourced to meet the needs of scientific information provision.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.