GES Supplier Director
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration through scientific research. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
Global External Sourcing (GES) operates as virtual site networks sourcing and supplying Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API), Formulated and Packed (F&P) products from external contractors. GES has an important role to play in delivering Operations’ strategy by optimising our already established supply to customer, delivering flawless new product introductions and driving simplification in our supply chains. GES also plays an important role in the acquisition of new businesses and divestment of brands to support Operations strategy. In this cross functional, global network GES works closely with functions like Procurement, Process Technology and Development, Global Supply Chain and Strategy and Global Quality.
We are now looking for you that want to join our Supplier Management Team as GES Supplier Manager / Supplier Director. Location of the role is Shanghai, China.
The job holder will be ultimately accountable for the performance and relationship management of the external supplier that functions as a virtual site within the wider GES supply network. You will work with colleagues within GES and at the supplier to ensure timely delivery of high quality products to the customers and lead change and continuous improvement programmes with the supplier. You will be accountable for the total portfolio of projects and products for the supplier in respect to performance and delivery as well as strategy. You will develop strong relationships with the supplier and act as the key contact for the supplier in the AZ relationship.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- The key lead for a set of suppliers on behalf of GES and AZ and thus the primary contact accountable for performance, relationship and budgets associated with these suppliers
- Sets and drives performance objectives with the supplier from operational to strategic level
- Develops senior level contacts at the supplier in order to resolve issues, optimise business performance and develop future improvement opportunities
- Drives and maintains compliance in accordance with AZ and external requirements
- Drives continuous improvement to drive performance, supply chain deliverables and relationship
- Resolves complex escalated issues, working with the customer and supplier to sort and ensure learning is captured and incorporated into the process
- First point of contact for all escalations associated with the supplier with the authority to engage other GES colleagues in order to address the issues
- Degree or equivalent professional qualification
- Strong stakeholder management in a customer facing role, partnering to achieve jointly agreed objectives
- Experience of manufacturing and supply chain management and driving performance and improvements
- Understanding of quality principles and GMP requirements
- Ability to leverage a range of influencing techniques
- Sound financial skills and budget management
- Experience of identifying, implementing and managing business metrics
- Line or matrix management experience
- Change management
- Previous supplier management experience or external service provision
- Process management experience
For more information about the position please contact:
Fredrik Härtfelder phone: +46 709 15 43 51 email: email@example.com
Welcome with your application no later than January 31th, 2020.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.