Associate Project Manager
Provides support and advice on the process of clinical trials and studies as an expert or through the supervision of a local or global team. Recognised expert within own field and often first point of contact for related queries. Will provide process support as an expert or project manager supervising a range of projects.
• Leadership of group work and building the team spirit, including developing team style and behaviour
• Organize and chair the monthly project review meeting
• Organize and chair the regular PM forum
• Ensuring adequate resources for the studies assigned
• Ensure that the workload of the team(s) or direct reports is adequate
• Development and performance management of the team(s) or direct reports
• Ensure that the everyone in the team or direct reports have development and training plans, according to IDP process
• Contribute to high quality feasibility work
• Contribute to the quality improvement of the study processes and other procedures.
• Plan and organise coaching of the team members and all direct reports
• Ensure that the individual performance planning and review process is completed for all direct reports
• Prepare salary and bonus proposals of all team members or direct reports based on their performance in close collaboration with responsbible SMM Director and HR partner.
• Ensure all systems are continuously updated.
• Assist SMM Director or Local Study Leader/teams in forecasting study timelines, resources, recruitment, study materials and drugs.
• Provide direction to LSL/teams on major study commitments including resolving any key issues identified.
• Perform necessary accompanied site visits for direct reports, supporting ongoing coaching and development.
• Support DO in initiatives/activities as agreed with DO leaders.
• University degree in biological science or healthcare-related field, or equivalent.
• Minimum 10 years experience in Clinical Operations (CRA / Sr. CRA / LSTL) or other related fields.
• Proven team building and people/organizational development skills.
• Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English.
• Good ability to learn and to adapt to work with IT systems.
• Provide direct support and supervision of Clinical Project Managers to execute clinical project, including staff selection, project assignment, overall training, and completion of goals, development plans, performance reviews and talent development
• Very good knowledge of the Clinical Study Process, AZ Procedural Documents and international ICH/GCP guidelines.
• Excellent knowledge of the Monitoring Process.
• Good understanding of the Study Drug Handling Process and the Data Management Process.
• Good knowledge of relevant local regulations.
• Good medical knowledge in relevant AZ Therapeutic Areas.
• Good knowledge of the Drug Development Process.
• Ability to deliver quality according to the requested standards.
• Ability to look for and champion more efficient and effective methods/processes of delivering quality clinical trials with reduced budget and in less time.
• Have rich of CRO management experience and skills
• Have the strong communication skills among x-functional stakeholders
• Proactively engagement KOLs in the targeted TAs to secure investigator relationship with a systematic mechanism.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.