What you'll do
As a Sales Representative with us, you’ll sell life-changing medicines within one of four therapeutic areas: Oncology, Respiratory, Cardiovascular, Renal and Metabolic, and other diseases. Using your exceptional selling skills and personable attitude, you’ll build strong and strategic partnerships with healthcare providers across your territory – from clinicians and pharmacists to nurses and consultants.
The part you play in our business will be challenging, yet rewarding, requiring you to use your resilient, collaborative and diplomatic skillsets to make connections. The majority of your work will be field based, and will require you to be highly-organised, planning your monthly schedule, attending meetings and calls, as well as writing up reports.
As one of the world’s leading BioPharmaceutical companies, we work to impact lives across R&D through to commercialisation. As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy the freedom to embrace your entrepreneurial spirit, sharing our medicines with customers in your territory and beyond.
Offering a clear development programme, we’ll train you to better understand and sell your product portfolio. And, we’ll enable you to meet your own development goals too. As well as structured support, you’ll benefit from the support of those around you – leaders and peers alike. Whether that’s receiving help from the marketing team or gaining compliance advice, we’ll be there to guide you. This is about doing the right thing, making an impact in the right way. Together.
No matter your experience or background, if you’ve got the passion and drive to progress, we’ll help you to succeed. These are some of the skills and capabilities we look for to ensure that success:
As this is a mobile role, you’ll be doing a lot of your work on your own. Being independent will be an important skill when delivering on targets. This means staying resilient and motivated in order to work successfully and meet your territory objectives.
You’ll be connecting with a range of healthcare professionals with different product needs. Interpersonal and relationship-building skills are vital to your collaborative role. And, where possible, you’ll use those skills to proactively identify new business opportunities.
Being on the road, you’ll be able to manage your own time, working around your various tasks. For this, you’ll need to be flexible in the way you work with the ability to adapt to and take advantage of opportunities as they arise.
This is a heavily-regulated industry, so working within it means taking responsibility and being particularly observant when selling our products. This means managing your work and territory with diplomacy and in a way that is compliant.
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As a Renal Hospital Sales Specialist on the Renal/Cardio Team in San Jose, CA. AstraZeneca's strategy in RCTA is a patient-centric approach to disease treatment. The patient-centric approach is reinforced by science-led life-cycle management programs and technologies.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
· You will be responsible for developing and positioning AstraZeneca as a leader through development of long term relationships with key Nephrologists/Cardiologists and targeted hospital accounts.
· You will develop a superior product and disease state knowledge and effectively educate and engage healthcare professionals in dialogue about clinical evidence, approved indications, product efficacy and safety profiles to support on-label prescribing for appropriate patients.
· You will also develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of market, demographic, and managed care information relative to assigned sales territory.
· As needed you will provide special education to healthcare providers through appropriate programs that fall within the ethical guidelines of AstraZeneca's ethical guidelines.
· You will regularly use a wide variety of promotional resources, analytical tools to understand and evaluate the business in order to best determine the use of resource personnel to maximize effectiveness in assigned sales territory, based on local assessment of customer needs to accomplish sales objectives.
· You will work with your Regional Business Director and Divisional Sales Manager to develop a local strategy and business plan to generate recognizable increases of sales in territory.
· You will drive sales performance and ensure the sales forecasts and assigned budgets meet or exceed therapeutic and territory goals, while managing your budget.
· You will successfully complete all training requirements, including your product examinations. You will capitalize on formulary approvals and other opportunities through effective implementation of the Strategic Targeting Plan.
· You will work with other Hyperkalemia Sales Specialists to achieve common objectives and coordinated selling efforts.
· You will provide timely and administrative management of work hours, sales data, customer objectives, communication responses, synchronization, sample and expense reporting.
· You will work within the framework of AstraZeneca’s Company Values.
· Bachelor's Degree
· At least two years of documented, full-time, successful pharmaceutical sales
· Strong clinical skill, and sales ability
· A valid driver's license and safe driving record
· Internal candidate must be Career Ladder Level 2 and above
· Four or more years in AZ Pharmaceutical Sales (Internal Only), or related sales experience, preferably in the Nephrology and Cardiology areas
· Experience working with Medical Information Scientists (MIS)
No company relocation assistance provided.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law
Reasons to Join
There are many things I enjoy when working at AstraZeneca, mainly the Speak up culture, the great colleagues that are in my teams, the great products that AstraZeneca provides to our patients and the challenging conversations I have around our medicines.
Working at AstraZeneca has impacted my life in such a positive way. I now have an improved work-life balance through creating my own schedule and time management, I feel a balance that I didn’t have before.
There are a lot of reasons why I enjoy working in AstraZeneca, my colleagues being one of them. My team members and the managers have provided a great deal of guidance in helping me to be more confident in my daily work.
There’s a whole spectrum of perks that come with being a Sales Representative. From taking on the responsibility to enjoying opportunities to progress vertically and laterally. Discover some of our benefits:
We set you up to progress at every stage with structured goals and targets. There are also many routes you can take, from sales team management to product management, and beyond.
The work you do will allow you to take on a lot of responsibility, getting to know your product and owning the way you work – from your schedule and territory, to your strategy and the development of goals.
We reward based on your performance. So, by creating a big impact – both on our commercial growth and your personal development – you’ll be rewarded well.
Our training is of a high quality. From onboarding to on the job training, from learning from peers to product training, discover multiple opportunities to develop.