FP&A Business Analyst - US Oncology (GFS Americas)
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
Global Financial Services (GFS) was formed in Q3 2018 through the merger of Global Finance Operations, Integrated Finance Solutions and Cash Generation. GFS is at the heart of the Finance function - accountable to the AstraZeneca (AZ) Group for the design and delivery of high quality, simple to operate transactional finance processes that enable our customers to focus on AZ’s strategic priorities.
The creation of the Global Financial Services (GFS) centers in Warsaw (Poland), Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) and San José (Costa Rica) will transform the AZ Middle Office to a central function, supporting the business regions through simplification, standardization across the globe, and a structure that is scalable to support the bold ambition of becoming a $50bn company by 2025.
We have exciting opportunities to join our GFS Center in San José, which will establish best practices and be responsible for providing support to embedded finance.
As a FP&A Business Analyst you will be working in a team of analysts to operate monthly financial analysis and reporting, perform and report the planning cycles, and develop and improve those same processes over time. You will be required to coordinate and analyze data from a variety of sources, and must acquire business acumen to generate deep analysis and provide information to support business decisions.
Your core deliverables will include:
Provide robust, quality month end financial information to business teams; gather information, provide challenge and deliver forecast, to ensure these are based on market assumptions across the business areas; deliver adequate financial input & analysis to support individuals and teams to make effective business decisions.
- Execute month-end financial reporting and analysis activities and related deliverables in a timely an accurate manner, including initial commentary and business insight.
- Validate P&L figures prior to sign off in close coordination with the Controlling team.
- Support the planning cycle processes (budgeting/forecasting) as required, according to internal guidelines and reported timely and accurately.
- Analyze complex financial information for trends, issues and opportunities and create action-oriented reporting to assist the Commercial Team understanding business results and trends.
- Analyze current, past and future trends and scenarios for some or all P&L sections: revenue (sales trends, COGS, PVV & margin/profitability analysis, gross to net) and expenses (cost centers, brand allocation, variance analysis).
- Actively participate in initiatives for process improvement and standardization across the different business areas.
- Build effective relationships with business partners (Back Office, Embedded Finance, LatAm Area Finance and IFS team) and deliver excellent customer service.
- Ad hoc projects may be assigned as needed.
- A recognized qualification in finance (Bachelor), business administration, accounting, economics or any related career.
- 4+ years of relevant experience in Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A).
- Use of general Microsoft Office and financial systems for planning and reporting.
- Ability to work well in and across diverse global teams.
- English language proficiency, both verbal and written, with the confidence to express clear opinions and ability to explain financial issues to non-financial management.
- Knowledge of accounting fundamentals (eg. GAAP, P&L, BS, CAPEX, accruals, cost centers).
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (pivot tables, complex formulas, ability to work with large databases).
- Qualified finance professional: Bachelor, Liccentiate (Licenciatura) or Master Degree. Degree level will be taking into consideration for job offer.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical or retail industry considered a plus.
- Proficiency in the usage of SAP, Smart View/Hyperion Financial Management.
- Cross boundary experience including building relationships remotely and cross-culturally.
Competences and Others
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision for reporting and analysis
- Attention to detail
- Highly organized
- Ability to challenge information constructively
- Capacity to work under pressure
- Customer focus and results oriented
- Ability to think creatively
- Team work and ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Schedule flexibility
Other Role Requirements
- Schedule flexibility to work on holidays and/or weekends when necessary.
- Schedule flexibility to work on the days off given by the wellness Policy when necessary (Política de Bienestar).
- Flexibility to travel and work in another AZ facilities outside the country when necessary.
According to the company policies, the candidate must prove that there are no situations that generate a conflict of interest (COI) for the company. The non-existence of COI is considered as an objective requirement of the position. To know beforehand the weightings of COI contained in the policies of the company, consult the Human Resources Department.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
Internal and External Contacts/Customers
- The GFS function will interface with the Back-Office areas, Embedded Finance (CFOs and country business partners), LatAm Area Finance, other GFS teams and 3rd party specialist functions.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.