Associate Principal Scientist / Associate Director Translational PKPD Modeling & DMPK (Oncology)
Associate Principal Scientist, Associate Director
Translational PKPD Modeling & DMPK (Oncology)
Cambridge - UK
Do you have expertise in Oncology, and a passion for PKPD modeling and DMPK science, applied to Cancer biology?
Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the lives of patients in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
A place built on courage, curiosity and collaboration – we make bold decisions driven by patient outcomes. Empowered to lead at every level, free to ask questions and take smart risks that write the next chapter for our pipeline and Oncology team.
Welcome to Cambridge, one of over 400 sites here at AstraZeneca, providing a collaborative environment where everyone feels comfortable and able to be themselves is at the core of AstraZeneca’s priorities, it’s important to us that you bring your full self to work every day. To help you maintain your best self, here’s a sneak peek into some of the things this site provides for you…
Where life meets Science…Chesterford Research Park offers advanced laboratory and office space set within 250 acres of idyllic parkland near Cambridge – modern, dynamic, flexible facilities perfectly appointed for biotechnology, pharmaceutical and R&D companies. You will have access to a stylish, fully air conditioned health and fitness centre, an onsite restaurant, Lunch & Learn development activities, all within a spacious environment while utilising the most advanced technology. This role will then relocate to the Cambridge Biomedical Campus, when the site is completed - this site combines world-classbiomedicalresearch, patient care and education on a single site location in the heart of Cambridge.
Be part of fulfilling our ambition to be world leaders in Oncology. We are already the fastest growing team within AstraZeneca and across the industry, and there are countless new indications and targets in our game-changing pipeline. We deliver this value through launch excellence, commercial effectiveness and maximising the lifecycle. By leveraging our commercialised portfolio we are confident we can change the practice of medicine and redefine cancer treatment.
We’re brave disruptors – entrepreneurial, courageous and pioneering in our approach. Here you have the opportunity to step up, take personal accountability and lead changes in our ever-evolving environment.
With pace and drive, comes trust that we will get it done. Embrace the freedom to create and expand your horizons. Always backed and supported by pioneering leaders, this is the place to build a world-class career that’s meaningful and rewarding.
The vision of AstraZeneca Oncology is to redefine cancer, redefine our solutions to cancer, and restore patients' lives. To achieve this, we have an exciting and diverse portfolio that focuses on four scientific platforms that we believe show the greatest potential for yielding effective medicines for cancer patients. These scientific platforms include; Immuno-Oncology (IO), Tumor Drivers & Resistance (TDR), DNA Damage Response (DDR) and Antibody Drug Conjugates (ADC) and we are developing therapeutic agents across multiple modalities including; small molecules, biologics, Antibody Drug Conjugates (ADCs), nano-medicines and PROTACs.
We are currently seeking to recruit an Associate Principal Scientist / Associate Director into the DMPK group.
Essential for the role
You will contribute to DMPK Modeling and Simulation by:
Representing Oncology DMPK and providing overall scientific leadership for cross functional and external collaborations involving DMPK.
- Exploring the effects on target and pathway to understand the requirements for efficacy and set a candidate drug target profile (CDTP).
- Predicting human dose and regimen together with providing input into exposure and pharmacodynamic (PD) biomarker based decision criteria for early clinical trials.
- Driving learning through back translation of early clinical exposure and PD data and providing prioritized future options for clinical testing.
- Leading and participating in Oncology strategic scientific initiatives and continuous improvement projects by providing expert M&S knowledge.
- Managing student and Post Doc programmes.
- Involvement in external collaborative projects with academic or cross-pharma pre-competitive groups.
- Providing disciplinary scientific leadership and presenting work through patents, publications and lectures.
- PhD or equivalent degree in a subject area with a significant component of Modeling & Simulation, such as systems biology, quantitative pharmacology, pharmacometrics, chemical engineering, physics, pharmaceutical sciences or applied mathematics.
- Relevant industry experience in Modeling & Simulation, ideally in preclinical/translational setting, or a MS degree with proven experience.
- Experience in a project-facing role at pharmaceutical R&D.
- Good understanding of DMPK and pharmacology/safety aspects of drug discovery and development with a strong publication record.
- Track record of supporting PK, PKPD and TKPD aspects of projects, with a delivery focus and ability to meet timelines to pre-specified quality and cost.
- Experience using tools such as WinNonLin/Phoenix NLME, NonMem, Berkeley Madonna, MATLAB, and SimCYP.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Does this describe you? Do you want to be part of something ground-breaking? If so, don't hesitate in submitting that application today by clicking on the link below...alternatively, if you know of someone whose skillset would suit this position, please alert them of this fantastic opportunity.
At AstraZeneca, we 're dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
So, what’s next?
If you are already imagining yourself joining our team. Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you!
Competitive salary and benefits package on offer.
The successful candidate will have access to a flexible employee benefits fund, including holiday purchase and flexible time off, pension contributions, Share Save Plans, A performance recognition scheme and a competitive, generous remuneration package.
Closing date: 6th December 2021
Where can I find out more?
Reach out to connect with our recruiter - Sam Hunter - via LinkedIn on:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/samhunter1/ for a confidential discussion to explore how this role could be your next career move
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedInhttps://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagramhttps://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en