Senior Solution Architect - AI
Senior Solution Architect - AI
Competitive Salary and Benefits
We have an excellent opportunity for someone passionate about AI Architecture. As an AI Architect in the R&D IT Architecture group, you will be a critical member of a large team, shaping our AI strategy and defining flexible, innovative AI solutions for our business partners.
At AstraZeneca, we are united by a common purpose: to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines. Our work helps to make hearts healthier, helps people breathe easier, and helps more people survive cancer. Every single day, we make a difference by delivering potentially life-changing medicines to millions of people worldwide and by leading breakthrough science that promises to transform the treatment of disease. Our IT deliveries to the R&D functions are truly at the heart of making this possible.
Our purpose is ambitious and so is our approach. Becoming a more agile and creative company means building a dynamic, inspiring culture where we celebrate diverse, bold thinking and act with a sense of urgency. We are courageous, taking risks and learning from both success and failure. We are curious, creative, and open to new ideas and ways of working. Above all, we are passionate about science and driven to always put patients first. Join us and be part of an extraordinary place to work.
About the role
We are looking for a hardworking individual with proven skills in architecting AI/ML based solutions. In this Senior Solution Architect – AI role, you will:
- Work with our Data Science Teams designing solutions that down-stream their experimental work to robust operational capabilities the business can rely on.
- Work with our Agile Data Engineering & AI Ops teams to ensure the architecture of delivered capabilities is innovative, secure and scalable.
- Create architectures that:
- introduce foundational new AI capabilities for Model & Feature Management, Data pipelines, Data version control, model transparency and performance.
- Accelerate model training and inference by adopting specialist AI silicon in multiple public clouds and on our on premise HPC.
- Be accountable for software evaluation and selection, buy-versus-build decisions, and early-phase project estimates which contribute to business cases
- Collaborate closely with solution and information architects working on data infrastructures, Catalogues and governance, Taxonomies and Knowledge graphs.
With our adoption of AI well under way, this great opportunity will require phenomenal interpersonal skills, communicating your designs to a wide audience for acceptance and understanding. You will contribute to the education and development of our IT team around AI/ML technologies, philosophies and methodologies
As we continue to develop our strategic partnerships, you will work with AI vendors and open source communities to build strategic relationships.
If you would like to become part of a growing Architecture team, then we would expect that you can demonstrate:
- Hands on use of at least one framework to build an AI/ML Model.
- Experience architecting multiple AI solutions using different frameworks
- Thorough understanding of one of the major cloud providers’ AI offerings and overview of the others.
- Experience creating innovative solutions and standards within a formal Agile framework.
- Solid understanding of how to navigate the Information and Data architecture of a large global enterprise.
Open Date: 26/08/2021
Close Date: 24/09/2021
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all you for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Next Steps – Apply today!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.