Reference Data Management Enterprise Lead
Reference Data Management Enterprise Lead
AstraZeneca is a global biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have a workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Here, you would express diverse perspectives, contribute to an energised environment and provide creative ideas - and be rewarded for this.
We are recruiting for an experienced professional to lead our enterprise reference data management team. The role will be based in one of our hub sites (Cambridge UK, Gaithersburg MD, Gothenburg Sweden).
Over the past 2 years we have built out a reference data management team for AstraZeneca’s R&D teams. As part of AstraZeneca’s Enterprise Data Foundation team we are scaling out that reference data management capability for the enterprise. EDF exists to give AstraZeneca workers and collaborators access to data and tools at pace, accelerating their work on life saving medicines. EDF are also accelerating AstraZeneca’s vision of making our data Findable, Accessible, Interoperable and Re-usable (FAIR).
As the Reference Data Management Lead you will be accountable for:
- Definition of reference data content strategy for the enterprise,
- Build and run of enterprise reference data tooling,
- Definition and execution of reference data technology roadmap, including any required harmonisation,
- Management of capability and content backlog for reference data for the enterprise,
- Building an enterprise RDM team (subject to funding),
- Collaboration with Information Architects to mature and embed RDM across the enterprise,
- Collaboration with Solution Architects and Information Architects to embed RDM in the blueprint process,
- Defining and implementing a target operating model for reference data management, including any interim states,
- Enhancing reference data composition approaches and tooling,
- Lead the establishment of governance structures for reference data management in collaboration with key stakeholders,
- Investigate, and if possible establish, a model that permits significant projects to fund the RDM team,
- The continued success of R&Ds RDM team,
- Building a network across life sciences organisations and outside of the life sciences industry to accelerate AstraZeneca’s maturity.
You will need a collaborative delivery approach to be successful. We prefer to use Agile but choose the appropriate approach for the project. So, experience of a variety of delivery management methodologies would come in useful. You will provide technical leadership throughout our software development lifecycle, from the initial development of a technical design based on a blueprint, right through to hypercare. Do you have a real passion for delivering well engineered data and analytics solutions that can help improve patient lives? If you do, this will make you stand out from other applicants.
Essential skills and experience
- Building out and running at least one reference data management solution,
- Leading a team of developers,
- Technical team leadership,
- Ensuring service levels can be met,
- Technical leadership in a data domain,
- You will be able to demonstrate an ability to understand business requirements and translate them into a solution,
- You will be able to design and document development best practices,
- You will need great interpersonal skills & a collaborative approach to delivery,
- Significant domain experience in at least one of the following: drug development, human biology, large corporate finance, HR, pharmaceutical commercial activities, pharmaceutical manufacturing.
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience in applying the FAIR principles to deliver integrated reference data,
- Experience of data modelling,
- Experience of complex taxonomy and ontology modelling,
- Experience running a highly available system,
- Experience of API design, implementation, management,
- Experience of working with AWS components,
- Experience of metadata best practices and design principles,
- You are likely to have experience of Agile practices, potentially having been a SCRUM Master.
WHY JOIN US?
We’re a network of entrepreneurial self-starters who contribute to something far bigger. There’s a diversity of expertise in our Technology group that’s unique to AstraZeneca – it allows us to dive deep into
exploring new leading-edge technology. We enable AstraZeneca to perform at its peak by delivering world-class technology and data solutions. Our work unlocks the potential of science. We optimise and evolutionise AstraZeneca by maximising efficiencies and finding new ways to drive productivity. From automation to data simplification. We’re not afraid to take ownership and run with it. Empowered with unrivalled freedom. A place to be open and transparent – we speak up, think creatively and share ideas. Our diverse contributions help us to make better decisions. But we have a constant drive to innovate,
and an appreciation for high standards. It takes challenging the status quo to add value in our ever-evolving environment. We love it here because put simply, we make a meaningful impact.
Technology at AstraZeneca is a home for purposeful disruptors!
SO, WHAT’S NEXT?
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we’d love to hear from you! Click the link to apply and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
Competitive salary & benefits on offer.
Open Date: 14/1/2022
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.