R&DIT – Senior Business Partner – Cambridge – Gaithersburg
R&DIT – Senior Business Partner – Cambridge – Gaithersburg
Do you have expertise in, and passion for, IT Business Partnering? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? If so, AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven BioPharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.
ABOUT OUR IT TEAM
Here our work has a direct impact on patients – transforming our ability to develop life-changing medicines. We empower the business to perform at its peak and lead a new way of working, combining cutting-edge science with leading digital technology platforms and data. All with a passion to impact lives through data, analytics, AI, machine learning and more. Join us at a crucial stage of our journey in becoming a digital and data-led enterprise. Make the impossible possible by building partnerships and ecosystems, creating new ways of working
and driving scale and speed to deliver exponential growth. Focused and committed, and backed with the investment to succeed, we’re driving cross-company change to disrupt the entire industry. Ours is a place to innovate, take ownership and run with it. You’re trusted to explore and to find new solutions, experimenting with leading-edge technology and grappling with challenges in a modern technology environment that might never have been tackled before. It’s a dynamic and challenging environment to work in – but that’s why we like it. There are countless opportunities to learn and grow, whether that’s exploring new technologies in hackathons, or transforming the roles and work of colleagues, forever. Shape your own path, with support all the way. Diverse minds that work cross-functionally and inclusively together. Be part of a team that has the backing to innovate, disrupt an industry and change lives.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Snr Business Partner will develop strategic relationships within R&D and beyond to identify ways for IT to partner with them in achieving and exceeding business objectives. The Snr. Business Partner will drive the delivery of innovative business solutions to create maximum competitive advantage.
The role incumbent will combine their AZ internal knowledge, in-depth understanding of the business area direction and IT expertise to drive the creation of innovative technology solutions. We are looking to both Diagnose and Treat disease, with the job involving definition of value cases and exploring multi option delivery paths to make a meaningful difference to Patients lives.
This role covers both digital and data technology utilization, in support of novel end points, Software as a Medical device, Patient & HCP facing remote digital services, Patient reported outcomes, Medical IoT or collaborations within the broader Digital Health external world via our internal platforms & ecosystem partnerships.
- Build strong strategic relationships with complex customer groups and senior stakeholders , developing a deep understanding of the short-term and long-term business direction.
- Assess and prioritise requirements in line with IT strategy
- Develop and maintain the customer account plan, including accurate customer forecasting, demand planning and effective delivery of the plan
- Manages a portfolio of investments, prioritizing to align with emerging business strategy
- Lead high-level investigations on requirements specifications and feasibility studies, developing a range of options aligned to business and IT strategy
- Lead business impact assessments, identifying risks and issues that may affect current and future business units and roles, and create business readiness plan
- Proactively identify opportunities for IT to deliver innovative technology solutions to provide competitive advantage
- Present and gain commitment to IT initiatives, using specialist knowledge to gain commitment to established or new IT services
- Effectively Coach
- Work collaboratively with:
- 1. Business and IT leadership teams and other senior stakeholders to build their understanding of IT strategy, programmes and challenges
- 2. IT Strategy, Architecture, Portfolio Management and Project/Programme Management to agree the future shape of proposed solutions and initiate projects in partnership
- 3. Other customer area Business Partners to create alignment and identify cross-business innovative opportunities
- 4. Business analysts to management requirements and build business cases
- 5. Portfolio Managers and solution delivery leads to initiate projects, to initiate projects, clearly define scope and monitor the delivery of project value compared to the promised benefits
- 6. Customer Service function to ensure the IT services plans are established for the customer group and are operating effectively
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Knowledge of Software as a Medical device (SaMD) – both in clinical retrospective data validation and Launch, Support & maintenance
- Evidence of hands on leadership, including direct delivery of objectives and/or matrix management of others to achieve challenging goals
- Evidence of leading and developing innovative solutions
- A proven track record of delivering results
- Experience of building high value business cases (+1 MUSD) & mobilising high value investments
- Experience of leading teams with a demonstrable track record of motivational and achievement oriented leadership
- Experience of managing third party suppliers and have strong network and consulting skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong influencing, networking and team working skills
- High level awareness of developments in the Information Technology marketplace
- Demonstrate strong relationship building skills with the ability to influence others to achieve objectives
- Proficiency in planning, change management and problem solving and able to resolve issues of a highly complex and strategic nature
- Proven ability to relate and respond to business needs in an IT environment
- Ability to manage negotiations, expectations and solutions across complex groups
- Experience in and knowledge of bio-pharma industry
- Involvement in pharma thought leadership networks and organisations
- Agile development methodologies
- Pharmaceutical background (Therapy area does not need to match to AZ’s pipeline)
- Device Company experience specifically building business cases for new value stream creation.
- Expertise in partnership ecosystem creation, new innovation model setup (people, process and technology)
- Ability to work well in and across diverse global teams
- Ability to partner and work in a matrix organisation
WHY JOIN US?
We’re a network of entrepreneurial self-starters who contribute to something far bigger. There’s a diversity of expertise in our Technology group that’s unique to AstraZeneca – it allows us to dive deep into exploring new leading-edge technology. We enable AstraZeneca to perform at its peak by delivering world-class technology and data solutions. Our work unlocks the potential of science. We optimise and evolutionise AstraZeneca by maximising efficiencies and finding new ways to drive productivity. From automation to data simplification. We’re not afraid to take ownership and run with it. Empowered with unrivalled freedom. A place to be open and transparent – we speak up, think creatively and share ideas. Our diverse contributions help us to make better decisions. But we have a constant drive to innovate, and an appreciation for high standards. It takes challenging the status quo to add value in our ever-evolving environment. We love it here because put simply, we make a meaningful impact.
Technology at AstraZeneca is a home for purposeful disruptors!
SO, WHAT’S NEXT?
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we’d love to hear from you! Click the link to apply and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
Competitive salary & benefits on offer.
Open Date: 26/05/2022
Close Date: 09/06/2022
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.