Government Affairs Lead
- Owns the most, ensuring they are properly staffed, resourced and prepared to maximise the likelihood of success
- Engages with team leaders regularly to ensure business and professional objectives are met.
- Identifies, analyses, and acts on legislative initiatives and emerging issues that could impact AstraZeneca, particularly it’s managed markets products and strategies.
- Potentially owns the most senior relationships with government officials, and leverages these to influence regulatory and legislative developments in the most favourable manner.
- Identifies and communicates commercial business issues and opportunities on an ongoing basis throughout Saudi senior managers team.
- Serves as an internal thought leader on legislative and regulatory matters at the strategic level.
- Participates in local, national, or global cross-functional teams to address and support Government Affairs related key business objectives and strategies.
- Interacts with government officials to influence decisions in a manner favourable to AstraZeneca and allows AstraZeneca to respond proactively to anticipated changes.
- Owns key relationships with officials and regulators and ensures these are properly maintained and strengthened.
- Carries out local, national initiatives to improve Government Relations.
- Develops responses to new legislative initiatives and emerging issues that could impact AstraZeneca.
- Ensures the Brand strategies, market strategies and other functional strategies incorporate developments in the legislative and regulatory environment.
- Acts as an expert resource for Brand leaders and other managers, helping them understand the impact of legislative and regulatory changes on their areas of focus.
- Builds networks with other colleagues within Government Relations functions to share best practices, key contacts, intellectual capital and emerging issues.
- Serves as an internal thought leader on one or more specific area(s) of legislation or regulation.
- May lead a team of GA experts as direct manager or functional supervisor for relevant colleagues from other departments, providing input to their objectives & performance reviews, training and development, to ensure successful GA priorities fulfilment.
- Maintains highest ethical standards and work in a spirit of AstraZeneca Code of Ethics, following rules & norms set by corporate policies
- Ensures that all conducted activities are done in accordance with local legislation and corporate standards.
- Timely reports (as per respective procedures): health/environment/wellbeing related accidents; adverse events that you became aware about; change in status of your Conflict of Interest.
Necessary Knowledge and Experience to be able to do the Job
- Minimum of 7 years experience in pharmaceutical or healthcare industry
- Solid experience in government affairs in the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry
- In-depth knowledge of the regulatory and legislative processes
- Comprehensive understanding of the impact of public policy and political influences on coverage, payment and regulatory decisions
- Comprehensive understanding of the commercial pharmaceutical marketplace
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.