Sr. Facilities Technician – Redwood City, CA
Sr. Facilities Technician – Redwood City, CA
Do you enjoy working independently as an integral member of a small team where you can use your skills and experience to ensure the reliable operation of a facility where life-changing medicines are made? Then AstraZeneca's Sr. Facilities Technician position might be the fit for you!
At AstraZeneca, we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s outstanding skills with those of people from all over the globe.
In 2013, AstraZeneca acquired Pearl to expand and strengthen its respiratory products portfolio, We have made strides in bringing therapies to asthma patients. Our mission and vision are to develop differentiated therapeutics for widely prevalent respiratory disease conditions, including chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), by utilizing a proprietary drug delivery platform and existing therapeutic agents administered in metered-dose inhalers (MDIs). Join us as a Quality Analyst at our Redwood City, CA site, the top tier center of innovation in the West. We are dedicated to crafting a culture of inclusion and teamwork.
The Sr. Facilities Technician is responsible for ensuring smooth day-to-day operations within the office, laboratory, and manufacturing areas. Resolving facilities Issues, on HVAC, electrical, mechanical, and cGMP Areas.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct activities and interactions consistent with Company values and in compliance with the Code of Conduct and supporting Policies and Standards relevant to your role. Complete all required training on the AZ. Code of Conduct and supporting Policies and Standards on time. Report potential issues of non-compliance.
- Ensures compliance with AZ Corporate Policies and Directives, site Standard Operating Procedures, regulatory requirements, and industry best practice (camp’s, GAMP, ITIL, PMI).
- Maintains a safe work environment and performs work In accordance with site Environment, Health and Safety (SHE) policies and procedures.
- Immediately report potential unsafe conditions to management.
- High School Diploma
- Trade certification in one or more of the following disciplines: mechanical, HVAC, electrical, or plumbing
- Minimum 5-years’ experience in maintenance and commercial cGMP manufacturing
- Experience with GMP/Non GMP utility systems, HVAC, electrical and other facility systems in a GMP environment
- Experience with facilities Building Management Systems (BMS) and process control systems
- Experience with SAP, CMMS and CMX
- Prioritizes safety: willing to speak up and stop work if unsafe activities are observed
- Strong customer focus: from understanding the issue, executing the work, to communicating work completion and dose-out.
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being ambitious - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, groundbreaking cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you!
Find out more on Social Media:
About Operations https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gak5Ham8oUw
AstraZeneca has taken critical steps to protecting colleagues, loved ones, and patients from COVID-19 and its variants. Accordingly, AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. AstraZeneca will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.