Respiratory Biologics Sales Specialist - San Jose, CA
Biologics Sales Specialist - Redwood City
Respiratory disease is one of AstraZeneca's main therapy areas, and we have a growing portfolio of medicines that reached more than 17 million patients in 2015. Our aim is to transform asthma and COPD treatment through inhaled combinations at the core of care, biologics for the unmet needs of specific patient populations, and scientific advancements in disease modification. We are building on a 40-year heritage in respiratory disease, and our capability in inhalation technology spans both pressurized metered-dose inhalers (pMDIs) and dry powder inhalers (DPIs), as well as our innovative Co-SuspensionTM Delivery Technology. Our research is focused on four key biological pathways: eosinophilic disease, Th2-driven disease, epithelial-driven pathobiology and autoimmunity.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
You will develop superior product and disease state knowledge and effectively educate and engage healthcare professionals in dialogue about clinical evidence, approved indications, and product efficacy/safety profiles to support on-label prescribing for Respiratory Biologics and appropriate patients. You will function independently with a high degree of sales proficiency to drive sales performance and ensure sales forecasts and assigned budgets meet or exceed therapeutic and territory expectations. You will successfully complete training requirements, including product examinations.
You will capitalize on formulary approvals and other opportunities through effective implementation of the strategic targeting plans by using a wide variety of promotional, personnel resources and analytical tools to maximize effectiveness in assigned sales territory, based on local assessment of customer needs. You will pro-actively identify business opportunities, present value propositions aligned to stakeholder needs and objectives, and recommend solutions to drive and develop business. You will provide special education to healthcare providers through appropriate programs that fall within AstraZeneca's ethical guidelines. Work with other Respiratory Biologics Sales Specialists around common objectives to coordinate selling efforts and partner very closely with Field Reimbursement managers to ensure seemly delivery of our biologics medicines to our customers.
You will be expected to consistently challenge yourself to grow and develop, you will ask for feedback in an effort to raise awareness and gain insight into one's strengths and developmental needs. You will collaborate across functional areas to drive win/win outcomes that align to organizational objectives demonstrates AZ values, understands basic business principles and interprets resources available to make sound business decisions.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of three years of Pharmaceutical/ Biotech Sales experience
- Track record of engaging key stakeholders in complex clinical environments (mid to senior level healthcare professionals, key accounts and the medical community)
- Proven demonstration of successful working in complex cross functional teams
- Strong scientific acumen in a highly competitive environment
- Strong understanding of the reimbursement and distribution challenges of a biologics product to take a strategic approach to capitalize on marketplace opportunities
- A valid driver's license and safe driving record
- Experience launching new products
- Respiratory, respiratory biologics, biologics or specialty care experience
- Demonstrated experience and mastery in delivering a total office call
- Demonstrated effective time management, organizational and communication skills to prioritize opportunities and execute flawlessly
- Demonstrated effective leadership, organization and communication skills
- Demonstrated judgment and decision-making capability
- Be results oriented with demonstrated time management skills
- Ability to learn, analyze, understand and convey complex information
No company relocation assistance provided.
Next Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orien
tation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.