Finance Business Partner - Operations
At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe.
In the role of Finance Business Partner, you will be responsible for financial business planning, annual budgeting and forecasting at a site level. You will ensure accuracy of standard costs, capital spending, and financial reporting. You will also collaborate closely with the Speke Financial Lead to provide necessary data for Flu franchise financial reporting.
As a member of the Philadelphia (PA) Site Leadership Team, you ensure a strong link between the site budget and long-range plan with the business strategy through the establishment of business performance metrics, business priorities, and operational performance management.
- Lead the Finance activities at the site including business partnering support and assure compliance with applicable regulations, policies, and standards. Responsible for finance deliverables such as, month end reporting, financial analysis and forecasting/budget activities for the site.
- Own, direct and coordinate all site financial analysis and reporting services in order to provide management with accurate and timely data for the interpretation and evaluation of operations.
- All accounting functions for the PA site in accordance with Company policies and procedures in order to provide site and business management with accurate and complete data for cost management and evaluation of inventory and operations.
- Develop and maintain financial control procedures, safeguard assets, cost planning, and interpret financial reports for all plant operations.
- Advise site leadership on cost improvement opportunities.
- In conjunction with the Site Executive Director and department heads, develop, review and manage preparation of annual Business Plan and quarterly Rolling Business Update's in order to provide Management costs of achieving the operation's production objectives and a basis for measuring the plant's efficiency.
- Provide appropriate scrutiny and challenge to forecasts and actual results.
- Provide input and decision-making participation on a broad range of site issues to PA Leadership Team to ensure support and promotion of site objectives and activities, and ensure appropriate financial conclusions are reached on business initiatives.
- Deliver robust financial analysis of risks & benefits for all major business initiatives to support the decision-making process. Prioritize work and ensure appropriate resources are made available to support key business initiatives.
- Provide financial support to site management and corporate finance related to capital and fixed assets.
- Provide financial expertise on capital vs. expense and asset impairment issues.
- Liaise with Global Finance as necessary to ensure appropriate consistency of policies, procedures, and financial budgeting and reporting.
- Work with Sr. Director Regional Operations Finance to assure compliance with regional/global procedures, planning process, timely information sharing, decision making and reporting of site performance.
- Ensure adherence to all SOX and AZ Financial controls and documentation requirements. Provide guidance to site on appropriate control environment.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting.
- 7+ years experience in finance and/or accounting with significant experience in cost accounting.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to develop and analyze complex issues and present summaries and recommendations
- Strong leadership capabilities and experience influencing business leaders to drive results
- Experienced in partnering with other functions to achieve success.
- Excellent interpersonal, decision making, organizational & management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work in a dynamic work environment.
- Strong knowledge of information systems is required in order to develop, implement and maintain new systems and incorporate production-processing changes into existing systems.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing financial control.
- Prior exposure to general operations, SAP, inventory planning and control, and accounting services is strongly preferred.
- Experience Pharmaceuticals Manufacturing
- CPA, CMA or MBA degree preferred.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.