RPA Senior Process Analyst
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energised and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
A new and exciting Robotic Process Automation (‘RPA’) team is currently being formed within the Digital stream of the GBS organisation. This team will be responsible for setting up a Robotic & Cognitive Centre (‘RCC’) and delivering on a pipeline of robotic process automation opportunities across the Enabling Units and Science Units.
To support the set-up of the RCC, we are looking for Process Analyst to support the delivery of the RPA pipeline and to help embed the RCC’s newly defined ways of working.
The role holder will be responsible for working alongside business SMEs to identify and deliver process automations in conjunction with relevant technical RPA experts. The role holder should have a strong desire to gain exposure to leading edge automation techniques, and ideally experience of process change, coupled with experience in stakeholder & change management. This experience will be combined with a strong analytical mindset and an ability to communicate simply, with precision and impact across the global user community.
Main duties and responsibilities
Reporting to the RPA Process Analyst Team Lead, the role will be responsible for the following activities:
- Managing the relationships with key business stakeholders at all levels to support identification and capture of new process automation opportunities
- Following the defined RPA methodology, work with business SMEs and RPA technical experts to develop the process automation design, ensure business inputs are secured as needed throughout the development lifecycle, owning more broad and complex processes
- Ensure necessary change management activities are planned and delivered alongside the technical automation, working with others as applicable (Comms Team, Business Stakeholders)
- Ensure business readiness for cutover to go-live
- Support on the job coaching and training of new Process Analysts throughout the End to End lifecycle
- Excellent communication, stakeholder management, and influencing skills
- Demonstrated experience of change management
- Energetic and self-motivated
- Excellent presentation & oral communication skills
- Strong analytical skills to be able to discover and interpret business change requirements
- Willingness to undertake some domestic / international travel (as required)
- Willingness to work flexible hours (as required)
- Strong time management skills with ability to work at pace, handling multiple tasks
- Have analysed and redesigned business processes using standard business process re-engineering techniques, e.g. swim lane diagrams, Lean Six Sigma
- Experience of process change and/or technology implementation (RPA, Ariba, ERP etc)
- Experience of working in Agile methodology
- RPA or other automation implementation experience
- Experience and proven results of change projects within the Pharma industry
- Experience of working globally
- Japanese, Mandarin & Cantonese language speaker (desirable)
- Experience in VBA, macro and other programming language
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.